cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Request to Disable Wi-Fi Channel Optimization

z1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello,

As many others have requested on this forum, please could my Wi-Fi Channel Optimization be disabled on my

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2
version SG4K100136

Many thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi z1234

I'm glad to hear that the connection has remained stable.

I have fed this back to our Products Team about WIFI optimisation being enabled on all lines.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi,

I confirm that my manual configuration for wifi channel seems to have now stuck over the course of 24hrs, which is better than it used to be, so thank you. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and check that it remains where I set it, just to be sure.

As an aside, could I ask why this is an automatic feature set on all accounts/routers as a hidden option that I had to discover via this forum? I would have thought that changing my own router from "Auto" channel assignment to a specific channel would stay and not be reverted externally, beyond my control. It is doubly confusing because in the 5GHz band all the other routers in view are on the default channel 36 - which is where I was forced to go as well by this autoassignment. If automatic channel selection is desirable for talktalk, would it not make more sense to place the channel in use away from the channels that others are using, or is there some sort of issue/bug present?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi z1234

How's the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi z1234

Thank you 🙂

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off as requested.

Thanks again.

Debbie

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I've put this detail in the custom.profile.phone_number field as requested.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Staff will be back on Monday, @z1234.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes