cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Appear to have lost access to online games

laner
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

So apparently early on the 14th Feb my security cameras went offline. In the past few days my kids have also lost access to online games such as WarThunder and Valorant (wired connection to the router). Could there have been some kind of update on my router that caused this? Mobile games are also affected when on wifi but not when using mobile data.

The router is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub, version SG4K100158. Nothing obvious in the logs...

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi laner

I'm just sending you a Private Message.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I have now but it didn't help.

Another data point - my VPN won't connect either. If I delete the profile then it does connect, so I assume it's using the standard port 443 for the initial connection but then tries to use something different for subsequent ones.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session.

Thanks

0 Likes

laner
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Digging a bit deeper, I have UPnP IGd enabled, which is presumably how the games set up port forwarding dynamically? I can also see the rules the cameras have added in the list yet nothing is working still. Could port forwarding be disabled somehow?

0 Likes

laner
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Trying to reconnect the wifi cameras, they get 90% of the way through configuration then say the network is unavailable. My suspicion is that whatever is blocking online games is also blocking connection to the Ezviz server.

0 Likes