cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router LED stopped working keep getting high latency in game

Sborg1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 13

Hello,

LED stopped working on my Talktalk wi fi hub months ago, past few months noticed in 1 game Star wars Battlefront i play with friend. When noticed it lagging so i opened network performance graph ingame was showing latency about 98 normaly its about about 50 been fine since had this router after last one had dns problem, This started few months back infact after led started fading. To temp solve this have to turn router off for 20 - 30 minutes then its back to normal about 50 latency. Recently after 1 - 3 weeks it goes back upto 90 - 100 latency in game also noticed when this happens webpages seem to lag and tv youtube etc seems to cache for 3 - 5 seconds before playing,  Could this be dns problem developed again with router or something else starting to act up ? Yes done factory resets, this happens when i use wired lan cable for TV and tried for pc same so not wi fi issue as tried tv wi fi does same

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi @Sborg1 

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hello,

Done few more speed test's and things running ok connection speed test better, forgot to say in other update this new wi fi hub is sagecom chipset and seems better for my connection 🙂 speed test results 75mbps latency goes down to about 50 - 55 during test. In game latency in Star Wars Battlefront staying same about 50 - 60 latency and less lag 🙂 working better.

I will send old router back this week for recycling.

Thank you for your help

Message 3 of 13

HI @Sborg1 

How's the connection been since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi @Sborg1 

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I will check in again with you next week to see how you are getting on.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hello,

Yes thank you arrived ok its setup and testing it now for week or 2 see how it goes, first couple days testing showed improvement in connection speed up from 69mbps - 71 to 74 - 75mbps and ingame latency about 60 but feels more responsive as though not like 1 to 2 second delay after next week things stay same i send old router back for recyling. Thank you for your help

Message 6 of 13
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi @Sborg1 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hello,

Yes please thank you 🙂 

Message 9 of 13

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 10 of 13

Hello,

Yes it does happen when connected wired, use wired best for playing games. Got a tp-link archer ac2600 to see if things better and tried it for a month just to test things see if its talktalk wi fi hub and result was it was better connection was better connected 2 or 3mb higher sync speed and latency in game was lower down to about 40 - 50 and never went higher then that stopped around 45 - 50 before the tp-link modem router stopped working with LG smart TV, me and tp-link didnt solve that one so it had to go as no use not working with tv and put talktalk wifi hub back on again

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. The connection and the sync speed also look stable for 6 days. Does this also happen if you connect wired?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes