cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sagemcom FAST router losing 5GHz wifi randomly

cranhpc1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

A little while ago, Michelle kindly replaced our Huawei router with the Sagemcom FAST and all has been well. More lately, however,  we have been experiencing the issue which others have described, whereby the 5GHz WIFI becomes inoperative & invisible (it is still showing as active with no connected devices in the dashboard).

The 2.4 GHz wifi is still operative after this happens though. If we reboot the router the 5Ghz SSID becomes visible again and the devices normally using it, automatically switch back to using it without user intervention.

I think I read that there is an optimisation setting which TalkTalk can alter remotely, which may cure this issue , which is not available to users?

Regards

Les

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Les

Thanks for your reply.

I'm so glad to hear that the connection has remained stable.

If you do experience any further issues with the connection dropping 5ghz then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

cranhpc1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 12

Hello Debbie

The incidents were random so I thought I would leave it a week or so before reporting back to you. So far, so good - no loss of 5Ghz band experienced.

There has been a hit on download speed of about -3-4Mbps and about -1Mbps on the upload speed. I kind of expected that there would be some impact in this area - clearly the wifi optimisations work!

Regards

Les

Message 3 of 12

Hi Les

How's the connection been since last week?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK will do

Thanks

Les

Message 6 of 12

Hi cranhpc1

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

cranhpc1
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 12

Michelle even!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Morning Debbie

We were offline longer than expected until 19:30 last night, so if you could perform the wifi optimisation disable at your convenience, that would be appreciated.

With regards

Les

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Morning,

Sure, no problem 🙂 Could you post back here please as soon as the router is connected again and we can make the change for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Morning Debbie

Thanks for prompt response, as always. Yes Please, however - We are about to unplug our router for a couple of hours,  once our carpet layers arrive this morning, as the cables are in their way. If you could delay doing it until late afternoon that would be great.

Regards

Les

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi Les

Apologies for this.

I can try switching off the WIFI optimisation to see if this helps. Would you like me to try this?

0 Likes