cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Shell to Talk Talk now no internet!

Message 4 of 4

I organise and sort my mum and dad’s internet both are elderly and my mum is disabled. Ordered a new free router but although Royal Mail say it has been delivered it hasn’t. Not sure why their internet is not working weren’t told this would happen either! Any help appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Wait and see what the support staff here say first.

If you need to phone they will give  you a phone number for the dedicated Shell team. This will save you being passed between departments 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi, thanks for your response. We didn’t think we needed a router but because they didn’t have the internet when I logged into the new account it suggested the router so I ordered. I’ve turned the router off and on numerous times and it still wasn’t working. They had internet yesterday but now it has gone again. Internet was working with no issues previous to last week. So at a loss really why it is happening. Will call tomorrow as may need engineer. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

It should be no different. Shell used the TalkTalk network and infrastructure. All that gas occurred is that TalkTalk now also handle the account.

There is a transition team for Shell customers and you may be asked to contact them for help by support staff here 

Why did you need a new router? Was the internet working previously? If so does it work if you plug the Shell router back in?

Staff can advise on the correct people to contact tomorrow but if you can try the old router please do do and let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes