cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talk talk new hub

ReluctantOAP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I have an annexe building in the garage. Not that far from the house, only a metre. But with the insulation/boards etc. I wonder if my home broadband will reach, I can’t do with a weak signal. The new hub boasts reaching every corner of the house. But will it go through a thick stone walls, across a metre of fresh air and through into my garage. Has anybody got this new hub? I still have the old Shell hub (they have been taken over by TalkTalk.) 
thanks folks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

ReluctantOAP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

Rightio!! Thanks, Copy that!! I’m on it tomorrow 👍🏻

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I appreciate you are not a new customer, but all TalkTalk have done is take over the billing aspects of your Shell account as they already supplied the infrastructure as far as your services were concerned, albeit using shell branded equipment.

As far as TalkTalk are concerned your contract stands on existing Shell terms untils expiry.

It was for this reason I suggested speaking to the loyalty team who may be able to help, but if it's the Hub you are after, you may have to take out a new 24 month contract.

They may decline to negotiate as you are already under contract but if you don't ask you don't know.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

ReluctantOAP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Thankyou…I’m not a new customer. I was with Shell for about four years… I do hope they don’t class me as a new customer. I didn’t ask to move to TalkTalk… they took over Shell.  
I apologise if I’m doing this replying all wrong, it’s a difficult site to navigate. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

I'd give the Loyalty Team a ring to discuss this. If you are still in contract their hands may be tied, but you may be able to renegotiate your contract.

It's worth a call

Try phoning 0345 172 0088

Opening Hours can be found here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529#

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

ReluctantOAP
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi fr8ys… thanks so much for your reply, looks like I may have to switch supplier to get a better router range. 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I doubt anyone can give you a definitive answer. My hub reaches my detached garage with about 15 to 20ft.

However as you are a Shell customer I understand that your equipment will remain unless there is a recorded fault.

It's not certain then whether you would get TalkTalk equipment as a replacement or if Shell branded equipment is still available for swap outs.

Your best time to discuss this would be at the renewal of your contract and this would be better done by phone as negotiations cannot be conducted by staff on the forum.