cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Sceptical about actually having fibre

bolly1holly
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Hi- I have been paying for fibre broadband but my parents have recently have had a grey box fitted to their external wall with fibre being brought to their house and I have nothing like that which is making me wonder if I actually have fibre connected at all.  Does anyone have any advice for finding out? 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

There are two sorts of Fibre65. 

Fibre to the cabinet is simply that, then copper to your home. You'd still be able to use the landline as normal. There will be an Openreach traditional master socket somewhere, probably in the front wall of the house. 

Full Fibre to the premises also offers Fibre65  - this is a minimum package and will either come with copper "leave behind" for using the landline in the traditional way or you would plug the phone in at the back of your router (Sagemcom Hub2).

If the copper line is completely gone you will no longer be using the master socket at all, @bolly1holly.

And what does it say in My Account, in your billing detail, or in your most recent contract information, which should show in an email from when you set this contract up?

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes