cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Trying to use a third party router with Fibre 150

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I bought a new router, a GL-iNet GL-MT6000 Flint 2, to use with my broadband and replace the Sagemcom Fast 5464 that TalkTalk gave me.

I've been trying all morning to get it connected but it simply will not connect. I'm back using the Sagemcom Fast 5464 right now.

I tried sitching the ONT box off for 30 minutes, then connecting the new router. Still nothing. I tried manually putting in the IPv4 settings that appear on the Sagemcom - still nothing.

Is there anything else I can try?? Is this a DHCP lease issue?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Thanks to a user on the gl-inet forum, I got this sorted.

I had to change the WAN connection name from eth1 to eth1.0 via the devices Luci interface. You can't do this via the standard interface. 

I did this and the router connected.

BTW, VLAN for TalkTalk FTTP should be set to 0 not 101. The router I have only allows values from 1-4092.

0 Likes

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

The router has a page where you can set VLAN and MTU values but I think it's only for PPPoE, I can't check now cos I'm at work.

It looks like this:

https://docs.gl-inet.com/router/en/4/interface_guide/internet_ethernet/#advanced

I'm not sure if you can enter VLAN and MTU values on the DHCP page, will check later. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

You can't, it is not disclosed within the UI. I do believe that VLAN 101 is required though.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

What page is this information found in the Sagemcom?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

With a 3rd party router, we are limited in how we can help you. You will need to configure certain VLANs that are default in the Sagemcom.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

@KeithFrench any ideas or is this router not compatible?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Sir_Talbot_Buxomly
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Yes. That doesn't help. My router doesn't have a page that has a settings page like that.

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Have you seen this help page?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes