cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

WEBSITE AND LANDLINE

RJSIRIUS
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

I have a problem on my land line and I cannot get into my account in order to try to solve it.  The note reads “Sorry - for technical or security reasons we cannot log you in. Please refresh and try again”. I have checked the log-in details and they are correct.

Consequently I can’t check my system or use any of the facilities that should be available to me.  It also means that I cannot pay my bill.

About a week ago I tried to solve problems on the chat line in the website we ran out of time without a solution.  Now I’m very dissatisfied with the service that I’m getting from TalkTalk and need to get some answers quickly.

The last time I could get onto the chat line the essential information (security info. + irrelevant stuff has been edited and my contribution is in double quotes) was as follows -

My phone line is out of action - the message that I'm getting is 'device not registered'. I have tried using other instruments on the line but get the same response. Apart from a brief power cut there is nothing I can think of that could cause this. I have also tried shutting the whole system down for an hour - that's TV, computer, telephone, but on firing it up there has been no change. Now I'm stumped!

To begin with, are you able to receive calls?

No

Please check for call diverts, if it's enabled, calls will be directed from your landline to another number. Simply go to Call Diverts by logging in to My Account to disable it

Thank you I request you to follow the bellow steps:

Unplug the power cable from the ATA device.Wait for about 10-15 seconds.

I've got two blue lights up on 'grandstream' that's the power light and the Internet light but not the phone line light

Take the phone off-hook and press the star key four times (****).

Dial the code 73738 (RESET) followed by the # key.

You are connected to a TalkTalk expert. We'll review all of the information you've provided so far and will reply to you within 2-3 minutes.

Can you please make a test call to your landline (Digital Voice number/CLI) using your mobile phone?

The phone on your landline -

The phone that I'm using is Panasonic KX-TGC220. Tried ringing from mobile but no answer - just keeps on ringing tone but no ring on the phone here.

Is the ATA device turned on?

“YES”

Is the Eero device turned on?

YES it is and there’s a green light flashing where the blue connection cable comes from the EERO into the GRANDSTREAM

At this stage we had run out of time and I was told that this session would be saved to continue at a future date.  Since then I have been unable to get into my account.

I now need urgent advice.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, your broadband connection works fine, it's just the VOIP voice service which has stopped working? Have you also tried factory resetting the DVA? (Digital Voice Adapter)

Resetting your Digital voice adapter

If your Digital Voice adapter or router has stopped working, we may ask you to reset it to check everything's working as intended. To do this:

Insert a pin or straightened paper clip into the hole labelled “Reset” on your Digital Voice adapter.
Slightly push and hold it in for up to 20 seconds; or until all the lights, apart from the power light, switch off. Once this happens release the reset button.
Factory reset of the device will take a full 15 minutes and you need to wait until the allotted time has passed for the full factory reset to be completed. After 15 minutes, check your Digital Voice adapter device and try to re-test to check if the issue resolved.

In regards to the My Account issue, please can you create a new topic in the My Account and Billing section and my colleague Arne will be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes