cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Engineer has been out, but issues persist

HeyDes
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I am getting sick of these connection issues and slow speeds that I have been experiencing for months. So much so that I am now contemplating going with another provider. The internet test says I still have an open fault and to contact the team yet the 'Contact Team' button doesn't work. I have tried contacting an agent through chat, but my work hours make it hard to speak to them because I'm on the way to work when they open and I'm back just as they close. 

I cannot seem to get this error fixed and I have had all new equipment, an engineer out to check my equipment, outside line, junction box and exchange, yet I am still plagued by rubbish internet. I am NOT getting what I have paid for. I am having to use my mobile phone and it's internet as a hotspot most nights just so I can get a stable connection to play a game. If it wasn't for my TalkTalk TV package, I would have already left.

TalkTalk, you have until my next bill date to fix this or I'm gone.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi HeyDes,

Glad to hear that you've seen an improvement. Regarding the speed, current sync speed is 59.9Mbps and DLM has moved you to faster profiles over the last week or so, hopefully you'll see further improvements over the next few days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Apologies for the delay in replying back. I've been waiting for a spell of windy weather to see if I still have connection issues. Either the microfilter has done the trick and both the new and old master sockets were faulty, or someone somewhere as fixed the random disconnection issue. Or the wind just isn't blowing right 😄. I do still however have slower internet than quoted. I should be getting 65 Mbps and I'm averaging 50/51 Mbps.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi HeyDes,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm :

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.
  • Confirm your mobile number

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Who owns the tree? Serious question, with the best will in the world overhead wiring will always be subject to the elements. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

You can if you want, but it would have to be a Sunday and an engineer with a ladder to check if it's the pole and box outside. The last engineer only rattled the line a bit and said that the signal didn't drop, so that meant it was okay. The line moves a fair bit in the wind and a tree branch also knocks it about, but apparently that's not an issue. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi HeyDes

Would you like me to arrange another Openreach engineer visit?

I can add to the fault ticket that this fault appears to be weather related.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi, I have done that already. The internet has been fine for the past 2 days, which leads me to believe it's weather related as it's no longer windy. My original complaint to the support team was that the line outside could be damaged as the internet only plays up during bad weather. The engineer said it was fine when my partner told him this, yet the issue still persisted after this (it was a little windy)

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi HeyDes

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to connect the phone, router and filter at the test socket so we can run another test in this set up?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi, the engineer tested that and even replaced the whole socket. Issue still persists. He told my partner that everything was fine in the house, the equipment and outside line passed all his tests and that he would head to the exchange to check something there. That was the last thing we heard. I have gone ahead and removed the master socket and plugged in the microfilter and DSL/Phone line as requested.

Message 10 of 14

Good morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line now which is detecting a potential fault towards the property. Does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then could you connect the microfilter and router directly at the test socket please so we can re-run the line test again in this set up.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

It doesn't matter what time of day or night you actually post, @HeyDes.

Staff reply and follow up when they reach your thread.

It's not real-time support like Chat/phone etc but can help resolve issues more quickly if you just keep in touch and send the feedback as soon as you have got time.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I work during the day though and most times, 7 days a week. I didn't follow up because I needed to test if it had worked. It didn't so I went through the proper channels for an engineer (which the online bot sorted out for me as it was out of hours). I didn't need the forum staff for that.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Staff could have helped again sooner if you had replied back here, @HeyDes:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Request-new-router/td-p/3049833

They'll be on here during the day, Monday to Friday. Please follow up, so things don't drag on.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes