cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Wi-FI inadequate

mantalk1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 12

The wifi in my house is inadequate.  I have only 5 devices connected via wifi. However adding any more devices causes the  connections to drop, causing  major problems. Dead zones despite the fact that I also have an extender upstairs. 

My son who is with EE had similar problems and complained to EE, whereupon  EE sent an engineer to the house to resolve the problem. They established a Mesh connection system  and his Wi-Fi now works perfectly.  My son suggested that I talk to you and see if you would send an engineer out to check and sort out this problem. Hence my request to you, to kindly do the same.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi mantalk1

I'm glad to hear that everything is working ok with the router and WIFI extenders.

Yes please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie,

Received the router. It improved my broadband download speeds from 34Mbps to 41Mbs which was nice,  butit did nothing for the wi-fi problem. However one of the talktalk customer services sent me a wi-fi extender and that seems to have done the job! Getting good signals upstairs now. Should I return the old router to you?  A returns bag was enclosed with with the new one.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 12

That was going to be my first suggestion as well @mantalk1.

If you need any further help with this after you get the new router, let me know.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 12

Hi mantalk1

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I have ordered a router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

I have updated my Community profile as requested.

mantalk1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

I have done as requested and updated my profile

Message 7 of 12

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

mantalk1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 12

Thank you Michelle. Yes please send me a better and a new router. Hope this fixes the problem.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Morning,

Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares? This would be a Wifi Hub router.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

mantalk1
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 12

D-link 3782 Super Router

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

However, other factors should be investigated first. When this happens, what are the lights showing on the front of the router? Do you have any wired connections & if so, how do they perform?

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes