cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

moving but no date yet

g4jnw
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Im in the process of selling and moving to a new area (TS12 2HS) i have searched the speed im likely to get and its way lower than i have now it goes right down to 11mbps.

I have spoken to other people on the same road and they get 25mbps so not sure whether the speed of 11mbps is right.

I have 2 options

1 to risk the speed 

2 to go with 5g mobile broadband which i know is at the address and buy myself out of contract.

Question is as im quite a long time before contract runs out, if i move does the contract start again because if it does and i need to buy myself out it will be more expensive than buying out now.

Not sure what to do.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

g4jnw
First Timer
Message 1 of 3

Thanks, once i get a moving date i will be in touch with them, your right about the speed i would get, thats exactly what i got. Yes iam currently on fibre 65.

Maybe they haven't upgraded the area as 3 have 5g in the area and quite a few are using 3 mobile broadband. When i mentioned 25mbps im only going on hear say and you know how accurate that can be.

Looks like i may have to buy out of contract which is a shame as ive been with talk talk a good few years but upgraded last year on a 24 month deal.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Checking that postcode on the Openreach site here BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) suggests only old fashioned copper ADSL is available with estimated speed range of about 10Mbps to 19.5Mbps. I'm guessing you're currently on a FTTC (Fibre35/65) service. No idea how other people on that street are getting 25Mbps.

Have you spoken to the home move team about your options and service availability?

I believe that you usually have the option, when moving home, to pay a home move fee to continue your current contract or alternatively start a new contract and the fee is waived.

0 Likes