cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

port forwarding not working

_ozzy_
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 24 of 24

oh hey, it's one of those "port forwarding is not working" posts!

router is HG633

have made a new port mapping application, tcp/udp with correct single port

have made a new port mapping and assigned it to my machine as local host (mac laptop, wireless)

not able to connect to server running on machine

port opening online sites report port is closed.

unsure how to proceed, not able to verify the ip being used with the port, can only use e.g. "what is my ip" to show external ip - unfortunately the help says can click on device icon to see the ip but this does not work

can anyone suggest things to check, or points of possible error?

many thanks

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

great,

many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Ok thanks, I'll take a look at this now

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

argh, sorry had a typo

has been corrected, sorry about that

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

OK thanks. Could you check the telephone number in your community profile and confirm that it's your TalkTalk landline telephone number

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

done, thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi _ozzy_,

Thanks but could you add the account holders name to private note section of your community profile

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

hoorah! name and number updated, please let me know if there's any additional info you need

thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Hi _ozzy_

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send the router. There will be no charge for this router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

hi,

sounds like i'm running out of options to get my system working so yes, this would be great thank you

would there be any additional cost?

many thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 24

Morning,

We can send a replacement router (Sagemcom wifi hub) and a router returns bag so that the original router can be returned. Would this be ok?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 24

Watch this space.....

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

sure, that would be great, thanks!

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 24

Of course your router is now old & no longer supported, it might have a hardware fault on it. Would you like me to see if TalkTalk will replace it with something newer?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

sorry i'm not sure how to check for that on a mac (do you know?)

on my mac's firewall i just list applications that should allow incoming connections, and i do have my server app listed - i did try disabling the machine's firewall completely to see if that resolved the issue - still could not connect with it disabled, so i don't _think_ that is the problem. i will try again later.

thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 24

I would have tested this fully myself, but I no longer have one of these. On your PC's firewall rule, it will obviously be presented to the PC on its 192.168.1.x IP address. Does your rule allow for this?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

i see

do you have any suggestions? i tried enabling dmz for this machine, didn't seem to help

many thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 24

This router identifies the device by its MAC address when port forwarding.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

hey,

this machine does have a firewall, but the server app is whitelisted - and i've successfully connected to the server on this machine before using a different router

yes, machine connects directly to the router.

hm good question. i think just udp - however i did try changing the rules to be tcp only, purely to try a "connect to port" online site, but this still reported it as closed.

the thing i'm most suspicious of is which actual ip is being associated with the port - do you know if there's a surefire way of seeing that?

many thanks for your assistance 🙂

0 Likes