cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

speed drop again

redmikekite
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Hi All

my internet speed has dropped again it was always around 39kbps then for the last year its been 35kbps and now today its 27.4 kbps into the router, I have turned the router off for 30 mins and its connected to the test socket also my pc is not wifi its connected directly to the router. I have done a line test and everything is coming back clear. I am using a third party router and have tried my talktalk router and its still the same. As i have said in previous posts this seems to happen 1 to 3 times per year. My fibre connection is via FTTC. Any help would be really appreciated

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Karl

Just checked we are now getting 40 into the router and the download is a steady 36 it's the best it's been in a couple of years really appreciate your help

Many thanks

Mike

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi Karl

OK thanks I will check later

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi

The data in My Account will not be real time, so do check the sync speed when you get home.

Karl,

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Karl when I login to my account it says the speed to my router is less than 26 which is my guarented speed

I will double check it when I get home looking at the graph on my account its been gradually decreasing the week or so

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi

Ok, sync hasrecently improved.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi Karl

I can't at the moment as I'm at work I will try when I get home and let you know

Regards Mike

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi

can you test now please.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Karl

Just an update no change to the speed this morning I have tried a new filter just in case as well but no difference

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Karl

OK I will leave it and see what happens

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi

OK, if you leave the router on, we can see if the line profile increases over the next couple of days.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi Michelle connecting is OK now with the talk talk router it was loose ethernet cable from my desktop, speed into the router is still the same I will leave it connected and wait and see

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

redmikekite
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 15 of 19

Hi Michelle I have the talk talk router now connected but its constantly losing Internet connection not sure what to do next

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. We will re-check the connection stats again in the morning to see how they compare with the alternative router connected.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 19

Hi its already connected to the test socket and I tried the talk talk router yesterday and there is no difference I'm at work at the moment I will try it again later when I get home

Regards

Mike

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 19

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which is clear, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment please? Is the voice service also ok with no noise on the line? Would it be possible to re-connect the alternative router again for a short period so we can re-check the connection stats?

Thanks

0 Likes