cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero 6 poor wireless

DYWinter
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

So my old router broke and had to put Eero 6 in. All fine and dandy for few hours...

What happens is wireless devices constantly disconnect or can't maintain connection. Think Alexa and smart home setup being completely useless because of it. Eero is up to date, so are wireless devices, its in my room, 13 devices total two of which are wired via 1Gbit switch. Both work completely fine.

Is there a way to salvage this apparently useless router or do I need to buy a proper router?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No problems with TP-Link Archer AX12. Connected pretty much right off the bat, copied wireless details on it, unplugged eero, waited for wireless devices to switch over and ta-da! Everything works perfectly

So root cause was that eero router and its shining lack of functionality

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

You may face further problems with a 3rd party router unless it's used as an AP, if it doesn't connect using the wizard as a stand alone you may need to contact support, if it's a TPLink router the chances are it won't connect, the secret is vlan 0 (zero) in the router settings but TPL don't allow a vlan lower than 2.

Hope this saves you a lot of hair pulling & cussing, if this is the case message Chris he knows exactly how to sort it so it'll work.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi DYWinter

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

DYWinter
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

This one can be closed. Ordered a proper router

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thanks but could you add either your TalkTalk landline telephone number or your account number to your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

DYWinter
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Updated my deets. Well except alternative contact number as I don't have one

As for Eero. Ordered a real router from Amazon and replacing Eero with it, should arrive in the evening

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi DYWinter,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes