cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Eero bar code not recognised

Clarecrossland
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Our engineer came to set up our super fast broadband today, but the eero router didn't arrive until after the engineer left. All the lights are solid green on the fibre connection box, the eero is flashing green, but when I try to connect with the app or says no device found. If I try to scan the bar code it says there was an issue registering my device. On one occasion it did link but said that there modem wasn't connected correctly.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

I'll report that the manual set up link is dead, @Clarecrossland.

Lucky that you still had the old router! At least we know that the internet is live.

Edit:

If you scroll further down the page we gave you, you can open out the instructions for manual set up, at the bottom. 

20230928_214043.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 22 of 26

Hi, the link to manual set up doesn't seem to work when I click on it. I have tried putting the bar code which doesn't work.

I have tried plugging in my old talk talk router to the new modem on the wall and this seems to work so I assume it is an eero issue.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Hi Clare,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, does the connection work if you connect directly at the ONT with the eero removed? Did you also try step 6 in the below guide? There is also a step called manually connect an eero to your network. If this is still not working then please let us know.

Setting up your eero | Future Fibre | TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

Thanks, have tried these instruction with no success. Thanks for the advice to add my details.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

Did you follow all these instructions, @Clarecrossland?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/eerosetup

They say NOT to power off the modem at any point.

If still having problems, wait for staff to reach your thread during the day. 

They'll need to identify your account from your community forum profile details. Please add your Talktalk phone number  / account number by going via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.