cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching to Full Fibre

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi. Following a email today, with regards to switching to Full Fibre, i do a few questions, if someone can help.

At the moment my router sits behind my TV, All outputs from the router are used. I could if required switch some devices to WiFi. One of the outputs goes to a Power Line Adapter, and then another Power Line Adapter is in the loft, running cameras through a switch. This works fine. Will this still be the case if and when i switched to Full Fibre?

I also have Power Line Adapters running devices in one bedroom, again working fine. Would this be ok with Full Fibre.

i do have and will still need a land line. At the moment this is on the socket located in a central position in the hall way. I assume this would become VOIP, and would connect straight into the new router. Which i assume i can ask to be located again behind my TV. Of course this would now mean my Phone going behind the TV, but i do have two cordless connections, once again would this work fine with Full Fibre.

Sorry for going on a bit, but things work fine now, and that is the way i would like keep it.

Thanks Folks

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 92

You mean what brain, i have left lol. 

Now taking deep breaths, and Yoga class booked for Tomorrow lol 😁

Message 2 of 92

LOL, this experience seems to have dug a wormhole into your brain, time to stop over-thinking it all and .... breathe!  🙂

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 92

Old habits die hard lol. I still ask the wife to change the TV Station lol 

Message 4 of 92

Hi Tony,

As ferguson has said, VoIP isn't a landline. Both orders included VoIP so it must be available or we couldn't have ordered it

Chris

Message 5 of 92

VoIP is not a landline. 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 92

You all thought i had gone i bet lol.

Anyway this is what i would regard as a simple question.  Is it possible to check whether VOIP is available in a particular area. The reason i ask, when i go though the process of placing a order(Which may i add, is purely out of boredom) When it comes to asking me, if i require a landline, and i answer yes. It then tells me, it is not available in my area. Yet i am lead to beleive it is. So not sure what to make of it really. How is it possible, if it is to check?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 92

Hi Craighew,

Thanks for your feedback

Chris

0 Likes

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 92

I too have been with TT a while, about 15 years now, and once the Full Fibre 500 install was complete, the system has been superb.

Yes the order/cancel/order/cancel cycle was extremely frustrating and took 10 weeks to resolve over countless hours of on-line chat but the wait was worth it.

The final disappointment was with the new TV hub.  It doesn't have the ability to record /save anything as compared to the previous YouView box.

Sure a lot of things are available via catchup but some of the more historical stuff obviously isnt plus the ability to set up a recording remotely is sorely missed.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 92

Thank you for your sympathy.

It appears to have been quite a disaster, but i suppose sometimes these things can happen. A few years back i may of gone ballistic, but one mellows with age, and i have learnt, that there are people, trying to help, and i cannot fault the support staff. 

You have been following the thread, so you can see for yourself, how helpful Chris as been. Hopefullly when and if i decide to proceed again, things may go a lot better. I was never under any pressure, on a personal front to have Full Fibre, so in many ways, i did open myself up to this. Maybe i am somewhat naive, expecting this to have run smoothly. As a lot of things nowadays do not. 

In many ways this is really odd. A few weeks back, i was telling someone, how decent TalkTalk was, and after 9 years of service, i had, had no issues whatsoever. Well that will teach me, to keep my mouth shut. Of course on the negative side, i will have to go through the whole exercise again, at some point. But i am sure Chris will relish my return lol.😁

Tony

Message 10 of 92

No problem Tony, have a great weekend too 🙂

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 92

Hi Chris'

Well we got there in the end, whether or not, we both have long term effects, only time will tell😊 Let me go through the process of going down, the contract renewal route, and then hopefully you, may not hear from me again. But who knows never say never hey. 

Do have a good weekend, and once again thank you.

Tony

Message 12 of 92

Yes I certainly am 🙂

Yes, I'll get the installation on the 18th cancelled. 

Yes it's fine to start from scratch if you prefer, in response to the contract renewal 

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 92

Hi Chris.

I bet your glad it is nearly the weekend😀

Could you please go ahead and cancel the 18th. October install date. Between all this happening, i did have a email about my contract renewal, The present contract finishes on 4th November. The email, did give me various options, and costings and a phone number.. Maybe it would be better to go through that process, and i could also discuss pricing at the same time. Or do you have a different view. 

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 14 of 92

Hi Tony,

Yes I think we'll have to cancel the installation on the 18th as, as you've said, it will just cause more problems. Could you just confirm that you would like me to have a new order placed and I'll see if our provisioning team can do this

Chris

0 Likes

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 15 of 92

I've been following this thread with interest, a similar tale of woe befell our full fibre install.  Orders, errors, cancellations several times over a period of 10 weeks.

Truely shocking but not at all surprising.

You have my sympathies Tony....

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 92

Hi Chris

Do i still allow Openreach to install on the 18th October, or is it best to start again. Surely if the install takes place, this could complicate things even more. Part of me feels it is best to cancel Openreach, is this something you are able to do. I could then rebook and start a fresh. I have looked at the text from Openreach, i only have the option to CHANGE, but not to cancel.

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 17 of 92

Hi Tony,

It's not good news I'm afraid, the order has been cancelled in error and we can't do anything about this other than to place a new order. I'm really sorry about this, could you confirm that you would like us to place the order again and I'll ask our provisioning team to do this.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 92

No problem Tony, I'm just sorry this isn't as straight forward as it should have been. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 92

Thank you for that Chris. 

I really appreciate your help and patience.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 20 of 92

I understand Tony. I've been speaking to our provisioning team to try to get confirmation that the order includes VoIP, they have just confirmed that it does but they've found another problem with the order. Although the order is still showing live on the Openreach systems it appears to be cancelled on our systems. They are currently looking into it to find out why it has been cancelled and what they can do to reverse this. I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris