cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching to Full Fibre

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi. Following a email today, with regards to switching to Full Fibre, i do a few questions, if someone can help.

At the moment my router sits behind my TV, All outputs from the router are used. I could if required switch some devices to WiFi. One of the outputs goes to a Power Line Adapter, and then another Power Line Adapter is in the loft, running cameras through a switch. This works fine. Will this still be the case if and when i switched to Full Fibre?

I also have Power Line Adapters running devices in one bedroom, again working fine. Would this be ok with Full Fibre.

i do have and will still need a land line. At the moment this is on the socket located in a central position in the hall way. I assume this would become VOIP, and would connect straight into the new router. Which i assume i can ask to be located again behind my TV. Of course this would now mean my Phone going behind the TV, but i do have two cordless connections, once again would this work fine with Full Fibre.

Sorry for going on a bit, but things work fine now, and that is the way i would like keep it.

Thanks Folks

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 81 of 92

TT  seem to be forcing us to go Full Fibre almost without getting permission.I object to the unscrupulous way TT have set about converting customers to this..I have been on a new Fibre65 contract for only 3 weeks and TT are virtually forcing Full Fibre on me.I choose not to change at prrsent, mainly because of the huge problems I have encountered with TT .I need to look around and select another broadband provider,with an effective customer service and a straightforward marketing strateg

0 Likes

Message 82 of 92

If you have a Hub 2 the phone plugs into the green socket at the rear 

Not got an Eero think you get an adaptor with one of those 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 83 of 92

Hello once again. Now i am on a roll, could i ask another question 😊

Ok the fibre cable enters my house. I have a router, thats fine. Am i able to use my existing phone, which is plugged into the existing socket, with this system. I think i plug my existing phone into the new router. I have heard adapters mentioned.

Have i missed anything out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 84 of 92

Thanks 

Message 85 of 92

Speaking from experience: yes, I do. 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 86 of 92

Thank you for a honest reply. I do have another question, if i did go down the Full Fibre Route. Would i still get Caller ID on my phone via the VOIP route, as i do now.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 87 of 92

Hi tsmiggy,

Full Fibre (FTTP) eliminates the copper connection from the street cabinet to your home, and replaces it with optical fibre. The copper cable is older technology which can cause the connection to be more problematic and also limits speeds. I appreciate it can be hard to make a case for Full Fibre if you are completely happy with your current FTTC service and current speeds are more than adequate for your needs.

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 88 of 92

What i fail to understand, is what are the benefits to the end user, by switching to full fibre. 

I have Fibre 65, good speed reliable. I run cameras via power line adapters, i have a four output router, meaning i can hard wire devices. 

My wifi works fine. I have a phone in the hall way and that is fine. I run a wireless printer upstairs. 

What are the advantages of trading that in for, a phone that now must be wired from the router. Cameras that may or may not work, if reports are to be beleived, a printer that may or may not work. Wifi could now, not be what is was, again based on reports. And a cable ran into my newish house from outside. What am i likely to acheive by switching.

Message 89 of 92

Morning,

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

mthorpe2
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 90 of 92

I had my router behind the telly moved it to nearer where the ONT was going to be before they installed it after reading an article in a Computer Mag about it being a possible cause of slower WiFi only had 2 power sockets there so bought a 3 gang converter from Screwfix to plug the Hub 2 router ONT and phone base station in.

Then ran an ethernet cable back for the wired connection to the telly 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk