cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching to Full Fibre

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi. Following a email today, with regards to switching to Full Fibre, i do a few questions, if someone can help.

At the moment my router sits behind my TV, All outputs from the router are used. I could if required switch some devices to WiFi. One of the outputs goes to a Power Line Adapter, and then another Power Line Adapter is in the loft, running cameras through a switch. This works fine. Will this still be the case if and when i switched to Full Fibre?

I also have Power Line Adapters running devices in one bedroom, again working fine. Would this be ok with Full Fibre.

i do have and will still need a land line. At the moment this is on the socket located in a central position in the hall way. I assume this would become VOIP, and would connect straight into the new router. Which i assume i can ask to be located again behind my TV. Of course this would now mean my Phone going behind the TV, but i do have two cordless connections, once again would this work fine with Full Fibre.

Sorry for going on a bit, but things work fine now, and that is the way i would like keep it.

Thanks Folks

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

Message 61 of 92

My sympathies, @tsmiggy.

Also not good for your blood pressure!

Having had stress in a similar fashion over the weekend I should have been hospitalised too!

I hope you get a coherent answer soon!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 62 of 92

Hi. Before i lose the will to live, can i ask again about Full Fibre. Today i have had a text from TalkTalk Update.

The text says. We are sorry we have had to cancel your order, as we are unable to provide Future Fibre to your address.

Up to this moment, i was not suffering any Mental Health issues, but it is getting closer. I know full well i have full fibre, and had a order date of 18th October, confirmed on the thread.. 

Once again could i ask someone to tell me, what is going on, before i am taken away, and placed into padded room. 

Thanks

Message 63 of 92

Thank you for that.

Chat was bit busy, but i did get through, and they informed me that VOIP was indeed included. In many ways the way things, are nowadays, you do feel that you can longer leave things to chance. 

Hopefully everything as been sorted, but who knows lol.

Craighew
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 64 of 92

My migration to FUll FIbre 500 was a total shamble.  Absolute nightmare.  There are pages and pages of chat notes on my account if a TT rep wants to while away an hour over a coffee.

Basically I ordered FTTP in early July 2023 and got an install date.  Day before I asked where the kit was and was told the order was "stuck" (TT's words) in the ordering system. Days and days of chat line sessions and several revised/cancelled/stuck/unstuck/right department/wrong department/blah blah blah and we eventually went live on 13th September.  Yes a full 10 weeks.....!

However, since the go live the FF500 system has been exceptional. I'm using Eero Pro 6 devices and also several Powerlines.

I run Wifi IP cameras via the powerlines and they simply haven't dropped out once since go-live, so using powerlines on Full fibre isn't an issue. I run 2 unmanaged switches, 1 linked to an Eero, 1 linked to a powerline: again absolutely no issues. Anyone needing more than 2 RJ45 ports on an Eero can hang an unmanaged ethernet switch out of it. (hence this reply @tsmiggy )

Speed is great, no buffering on any devices.  I am having issues with Smartplugs (posted here on another thread) but all in all once the install was complete I would recommend full fibre to anyone.

Happy with the Eeros too although they take a little getting used to and User management is extremely limited.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 65 of 92

Staff will not be back on here before Monday, @tsmiggy.

Chat and phone support available meanwhile. The VOIP does need to be included with the order, as they are otherwise sold as data only, so wise to check.

The hub2 is nice and easy for using with the phone:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-your-Wi-Fi-Hub-2/ta-p/2791386

Message 66 of 92

Hi Arne

Thank you for that.

Sorry about going on a bit, but it is a confidence thing🙂, Could you please confirm, that the order, includes landline (VOIP)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 67 of 92

Hi @tsmiggy

The HUB2 is part of the order and will be sent via courier to arrive before your go live date.

Regards.

Message 68 of 92

Hi Anne.

Thank you for that.

Because of my circumstances with cameras, i did request a HUB2 router, and at the time, i was informed, that i would indeed get a HUB2.

Also will Talktalk send out a router to me, or will this be provided by openreach?

Once again Thank you

Message 69 of 92

Hi @tsmiggy

New order set for the 18.10 in the afternoon slot between 1pm-6pm, exact time will be confirmed nearer the date. 

Regards

Message 71 of 92

Hi. Anne

Because of the confusion, regarding the installation, i suspected this would be the case.So i am not surprised it is cancelled at Openreachs end. 

Could you please ask the Fibre team if they could place, the order again.

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 72 of 92

Hi @tsmiggy

I have asked the Fibre team to confirm the status of this order, unfortunately the order is cancelled at openreach's side. they can place the order again if you would like too. 

Let me know. 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 73 of 92

This morning i contacted Talktalk, about a few things, that i would like to clear up with regards to Full Fibre. Originally i did receive a text message last Sunday(17th September) informing me of a install date. I cancelled the install the next day, based on the fact i needed varification on some matters. 

Today when i spoke to Talktalk, they informed me, that the install had not been cancelled, and was still active. Once we  had spoke about a few matters, i then agreed to keep the install, as it was active on their system, and i was happy to go ahead.

Early this afternoon, i received a text message, telling me that the install was cancelled. Once again i contacted Talktalk, explaining that i had agreed to keep the install. Their system is still not showing a cancellation, so they confirmed it will. go ahead on the original date.

Anyone fancy running a sweepstake lol. I say it will not go ahead, any takers lol.

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 74 of 92

Thank you once agaain folks 👍

Message 75 of 92

What offer are you seeing? Personally, I always find it best to contact the customer loyalty team directly, they usually offer a bit of wiggle room on pricing and you can discuss your router needs at the same time. Any issues after that can always be followed up here. 

Message 76 of 92

Best to call Talktalk or use Chat for all details of renewals, @tsmiggy, rather than renewing online. 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 77 of 92

I have the option to renew my package in my account. If i do that, and did not get a HUB2 router. Would this be something i could take up with, the support team on here? Or would i still have to call Talktalk?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 78 of 92

It is supposed to depend on which package i.e. speed you order, but latterly customer services do seem to be flexible if you express your preference when ordering. 

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 79 of 92

Just a quick one. Some people seem to have a HUB 2 router, and others a Eero. On the HUB2, it as 4 output ports. That would be more suitable for my set up. 

Can i choose which router i am supplied with?

Thanks

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 80 of 92

I did have a email, about this. It was then followed by a text message giving me a date for installation. There was a option to cancel, so i cancelled.

My reason for cancelling was that, i did not have enough information about Full Fibre. The other reason is my contract is soon to expire, so i wanted to keep my options open. 

I have found some helpful people on here, and i have had my questions answered. I am still in the position, of not making my mind up, but like i say, my contract ends soon. Then i will discuss my options with TalkTalk.

I have found TalkTalk to be fine, and i do find it difficult to complain. I do not know, if i am a lucky one or not. But i can only say it, as i see it.