cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching to Full Fibre

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi. Following a email today, with regards to switching to Full Fibre, i do a few questions, if someone can help.

At the moment my router sits behind my TV, All outputs from the router are used. I could if required switch some devices to WiFi. One of the outputs goes to a Power Line Adapter, and then another Power Line Adapter is in the loft, running cameras through a switch. This works fine. Will this still be the case if and when i switched to Full Fibre?

I also have Power Line Adapters running devices in one bedroom, again working fine. Would this be ok with Full Fibre.

i do have and will still need a land line. At the moment this is on the socket located in a central position in the hall way. I assume this would become VOIP, and would connect straight into the new router. Which i assume i can ask to be located again behind my TV. Of course this would now mean my Phone going behind the TV, but i do have two cordless connections, once again would this work fine with Full Fibre.

Sorry for going on a bit, but things work fine now, and that is the way i would like keep it.

Thanks Folks

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 92

Hi. Chris

That would be great. That is all i need to cross the T and dot the I, so to speak.  Have you heard that saying before? 😊

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 42 of 92

Hi Tony,

It's still not showing on the systems that I can access, which is normal. I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 92

Your a star 

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 44 of 92

The old order that was cancelled is showing as VoIP, the new order almost certainly is too but it's not showing yet on the systems that I can access so I can't confirm this at the moment. I'll check again later

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 92

Hi. Chris

I have now had a text confirming the installation time and date. I do not want to come acrss as paranoid, but it is important that i still have a land line.

Could you just check for me, that is indeed the case.

Much appreciated Tony

0 Likes

Message 46 of 92

I'll check and get back to you.

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 92

Thank you for that Chris.

Sorry to be a pest. but the order was also for VOIP, so can i be assured that this is the case, and it will be exactly that.

Tony😊

0 Likes

Message 48 of 92

Hi Tony,

I've received an update from our provisioning team, they've confirmed that the order is going ahead for the 18th as previously advised. They say to just ignore the text as it's relating to the first order that you cancelled. Apologies for any confusion.

Chris

Message 49 of 92

Thanks for the information, I'm still checking, I'll let you know when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 92

Hi Chris

I am not sure if this may be relevant. But i thought i would do a check using my post code, and acting like a new customer. It said Full Fibre was available, so i proceeded with the order. I said i needed a landline, as i need to make and receive calls. It then said that a land line was not available at the moment, in my area. Data only. 

I am not sure if this is causing the issue, but maybe it is something you could look at.

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 51 of 92

Hi Chris

Like i pointed out a new date and time, was provided in post 24 of this thread, and also the cancellation was cancelled on the grounds, that TalkTalk, were unable to provide Future Fibre to my address. 

Yet we know Full Fibre is available in my area, and some people, have had it installed. Anyway i shall wait to see, what you can find out.

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 52 of 92

The order showing cancelled is the one for the 10 Oct, I can't see another order. I'll try to find out what's going on

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 53 of 92

Hi Chris.

I cancelled the original order for the 10th October, based on the fact, i needed more information. If you look back at message 24 on this thread Arne confirms the new date and time ie 18th October. Not sure, if this helps, but the information is there.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 54 of 92

OK thanks. The only order that I can see is the original order that you cancelled. I'll try to find out what is going on and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 55 of 92

Hi Chris.

The only information was the information i gave you. There was no order number, neither was the installation date mentioned. 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 56 of 92

Thanks for answering the security questions. Did the text give any information about the order that had been cancelled such as an order number or installation date?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 57 of 92

I found that thinking through a particular melody brought it down to "safe at home" levels  - quite remarkable. Maybe something in the brain changes when I do that and it definitely gives me a much better BP reading. 

Joking aside, all these hassles really are not good for us. Take care!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 58 of 92

Thank you for your kind support.

Hopefully you have de stressed now, and can sit by and watch me slowly going downhill. 😀

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 92

Hi Chris

I have done that for you. When you check, could you please confirm if VOIP is in the order, and it is a HUB2, both had been confirmed, but so had many things have been, i am now in a state of confusion, and i have developed a worrying twitch.😀

0 Likes

Message 60 of 92

Hi tsmiggy,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss this further

Thanks

Chris