cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Switching to Full Fibre

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 92 of 92

Hi. Following a email today, with regards to switching to Full Fibre, i do a few questions, if someone can help.

At the moment my router sits behind my TV, All outputs from the router are used. I could if required switch some devices to WiFi. One of the outputs goes to a Power Line Adapter, and then another Power Line Adapter is in the loft, running cameras through a switch. This works fine. Will this still be the case if and when i switched to Full Fibre?

I also have Power Line Adapters running devices in one bedroom, again working fine. Would this be ok with Full Fibre.

i do have and will still need a land line. At the moment this is on the socket located in a central position in the hall way. I assume this would become VOIP, and would connect straight into the new router. Which i assume i can ask to be located again behind my TV. Of course this would now mean my Phone going behind the TV, but i do have two cordless connections, once again would this work fine with Full Fibre.

Sorry for going on a bit, but things work fine now, and that is the way i would like keep it.

Thanks Folks

0 Likes
91 REPLIES 91

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 92

Hi Chris

The main reason i am panicking about VOIP, is that my wifes work requires a landline. She deals with a lot of people, that do not use mobiles. 

Thank you for your patience

Tony

0 Likes

Message 22 of 92

I have been checking but the order still isn't showing on the TalkTalk systems that I can access but I can see it on the Openreach systems that I can access, it's just that it doesn't give any information about VoIP. 

I'll check if there's any other way that I can find out and get back to you

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 92

Hi Chris.

I have not bothered you for a couple of days, as i thought it only fair, to have a rest from me. Have you managed to shed any light on my situation yet.

To help both your sanity and mine, i did try and get some sort of answers from Chat last night. I was passed from pillar to post, and god only knows, where i am now. The thing i fail to understand is, someone somewhere generated the install date for 18th October, and Openreach are well aware of that, and have confirmed it. Yet nothing fromTalktalk.

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 24 of 92

Hi Tony,

Yes, please just ignore that, apologies for any confusion

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 92

Hi. Chris. I have just had a email regarding my options for my end of contract, which ends on November 4th. Would it make sense to ignore that, until i find out what is actually going on, with the installation. It seems we have different dept. working in different way

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 92

Hi Chris 

Thank you for that.

Tony

0 Likes

Message 27 of 92

Still not showing, I'll check again in the morning

Chris

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 92

Hi Chris.

That would be great. 🙂

Thank you for your help Tony

0 Likes

Message 29 of 92

Hi Tony,

It's normal for it not to show yet on the systems, it's just a thing with FTTP orders unfortunately. I'll check later 

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 92

Hi Chris

Well hopefully you are able to confirm, that i will definately have VOIP, and the new router, will have arrived prior to the installation. 🙂 Why it is not on the Talktalk system, i do not know. As it appears all the information is with Openreach. 

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 92

Hi Chris.

My mistake this is mine below. No telephone point.

Thanks Tony

tsmiggy_0-1696862446068.png

0 Likes

Message 32 of 92

The hub one (sagemcom) will work fine to give a broadband connection but you wouldn't have a voice service until the new router arrives (having said that you would usually have the new router when the engineer arrives)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 92

The Hub 2 definitely has a telephone port, but is supplied with it covered by a sticker. The Original Hub is almost identical apart from that feature.

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 92

Hi Chris

I think it is a HUB2, but without the telephone point. 

Cheers Tony

0 Likes

Message 35 of 92

Hi Tony,

Still not showing, I can see the order on the Openreach website but it just doesn't specifically mention VoIP, I can even see that you've confirmed the visit. It's just still not showing yet on either of the systems that specifically say VoIP. I'll check again tomorrow

Regarding the router it usually arrives a couple of days before the installation date but it can be as late as the actual installation date - which router do you currently have?

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 92

Hi. Chris

I am not sure if you are able to see the order for the 18th and confirm the VOIP yet, but i am correct in thinking, that i should receive the router prior to the installation. 

Also if i did not receive the router, and allowed the installation to go ahead, would that leave me without internet and phone?

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 37 of 92

OK Tony, I still can't see the order but I'm sure it does include VoIP. We can check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 38 of 92

Hi. Chris. I have now confirmed it. So whether that allows the system to update, i do not know. But if you let me know once you are able to verify, the order will include VOIP, which i suspect it will, then that would be great,

Thanks Tony

0 Likes

Message 39 of 92

To be completely honest, I don't know 🙂

0 Likes

tsmiggy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 40 of 92

Hi. Chris.

Just a thought, at the moment i have neither confirmed or changed the date via a reply to the text. Would that cause it not to be, on the system.

Thanks Tony

0 Likes