cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New property needs an ONT

Robtor
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

Moved house 2 days ago and live in a full fibre area. We have a talktalk installation booked for next week but unfortunately the previous owners took the ONT with them. I see the procedure is to have the installation happen and then phone talktalk for another engineer but this is really no good for us - working from home this has already forced 2 weeks of leave and this will probably add an awful lot more.

I see you can buy ONTs on ebay, is there anything to stop us doing that? Are they assigned addresses or anything?

Image of instructions openreach texted us:

1000007477.jpg

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

OK, thanks for letting me know.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Robtor
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for the quick reply, I would have bought one!

I managed to get hold of the previous owners and the old ont from them, so problem solved.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

you cannot buy an ONT, and will need an Openreach or city fibre engineer etc to install an ONT as the serial numbers are registered against the circuit at a network level to allow this to work, be identified and tested when running the usual line tests for faults etc.

The install engineer may be able to install an ONT on the day, but if not, a follow up engineer can be arranged.

You can also call or chat with our Full Fibre Teams and they may be able to discuss or arrange any required engineers near install date if required.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.