cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Awaiting Hoist Truck for Full Fibre

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I was scheduled for full fibre installation on September 29th. I was told an engineer would come by before this date to check for potential installation issues. This was NOT done. On the day the open reach engineer was able to complete inside installion of my ONT. However the pole which my property is attached to was marked defective(do not Climb) clearly (which would have been discovered had they done a reinstallation visit. The external connections were not carried out because a hoist truck was needed. The open reach engineer said this is usually completed within 48hours and he would be surprised if a hoist truck was not out before the following Monday October 2nd. On October 2nd at 17:00 I used the chat feature on the Talk Talk website to enquire when my installation would be complete. I was told TWICE that a hoist truck would be here on the 9th of October between 8 and 1 to complete installation, I have the chat record emailed to me as proof. It is now the 9th of October and I still have not had my order completed. I used the chat service again on the talk talk website and was told an engineer came out today (again, without a hoist truck). I was told a hoist truck was not requested for the 9th of October. No reason was given why I was told twice it was ordered and it wasn't. I was then told I would have to wait until the 18th of October for a hoist truck to complete my order. I explained I was not happy about waiting until the 18th of October due to no fault of my own. I was told by the chat agent that it would be escalated and I would hear back within 24-48 hours. I will update once I know more.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Great news, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Engineers and hoist truck arrived this morning. Connected and running at speed promised.

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

I have had no updates from Talk Talk or Openreach, so not sure if they will show up tomorrow. I will let you all know tomorrow if they do or don't arrive.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12
0 Likes

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Thanks Chris. 

At least the latest I will have to wait is the 18th. I will see if I receive any updates in the mean time.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi spang1974,

I've checked the Openreach website, I can confirm that this has been escalated with Openreach and the latest update by the allocated Openreach case manager confirms that the hoist is booked for the 18th. I'm sorry that the order has been delayed and for any inconvenience.

Chris

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hi Chris,

Account number added. The alternate number listed is for my wife. I am usually unavailable 8:00 - 16:00 mon-fri

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for updating your profile but could you add the account number to the private notes section (of your community profile)

Chris

0 Likes

spang1974
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Thanks Chris, Hopefully I will be updated within the 24-48 hours, I'm just not hopeful, as I don't know if I can trust the agents since I was already given incorrect information twice.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi spang1974,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this issue, please let us know how you get on and if you do need any further assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes