cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP

Adie74
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, just had FTTP installed today but download speed is no faster than it was (around 65 / 70 mbps)...is that normal? Do I need to upgrade my package to get faster speeds? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

shooking_sybase
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

I  just moved to FTTH. Openreach had issues with their offshore call centre. Computer said no!

So I didnt get the new internet for a day.

The speed is good. ~ 1Gbs downloadn and 110Mbs upload.

But the poor Amazon "what do you mean you cant read that off your mobile phone" interface is just awful.

I made the mistake of going for the Eero Amazon mesh.

IT DOESNT HAVE A WEB INTERFACE!

This is a deal breaker for me - and I am looking at how to return it or get a router that connects to the ONT so can get decent interface.

I saw a good idea -plus Samsung into DeX mode and use it ... but see the phone is just running out of charge so I cannot even nominate a 2ndary reduced admin phone incase I lose original (or it runs out of charge - who ever heard of that happening).

Amazon kindly offer to store all my details for me - sure ... why not.

So if you want faster speed for sure you can get it - at a price.

And in my case this Eero is rubbish. Not even ability to add a USB stick to serve local content.

Best of luck getting the speeds you want - with the kit you want.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 , much appreciated. I'm already on fibre65 but wasn't sure if I should expect an improvement. I was told I would stay on the same plan and the upgrade to FTTC was free, so I guess I'll just stick with that. Thanks again for the help!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Full Fibre65 is only a little bit faster than FTTC Fibre65, @Adie74.

What package did they say they were putting you on?

Be careful with upgrading further  - admin charges can apply when we change our package except towards the end of a contract. And some further upgrades require downtime so an interruption in service.

None of this is as straightforward as simply going from Fibre35 to Fibre65 FTTC.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes