cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Confusion around Cityfibre FTTP and digital voice

Tunezy
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I have initiated this (separate) post on the suggestion of a forum volunteer, the aim of which is to obtain clarity on VoIP availability on the City Fibre network. Hopefully it can help other forum users seeking answers too, due to lots of questions about migrations and VoIP recently.

In a recent (related) forum post, Arne said:

"If you are on a City fibre connection its not possible to ADD Voip.   If you order a NEW service with VOIP included its available."

and that should a customer seek to add digital voice to an existing contract "currently it would require a full cease and a new order placed, which would result in some downtime".

There appear to be 2 groups of customers with queries:

Group 1 - Talk Talk FTTC Customers (e.g. Fibre 35/65) who have not yet upgraded to Cityfibre FTTP.

Group 2 - Talk Talk FTTP Customers who migrated from FTTC Fibre 35/65, and now have landline via their old copper phone line.

It would be helpful to understand:

• For Group 1 customers, if they accept an upgrade to CityFibre FTTP, how will their landline service be delivered? Will they all receive VoIP, or will they all retain a copper-based landline on their old copper line, with a migration to VoIP at some point in the future? How will that future date be determined?

• For Group 2 customers under contract, can they move to VoIP during their contract? If yes, does it apply to all Group 2 customers or is this limited to certain customers? If limited, on what basis? If it’s not possible for any Group 2 customers to move to VoIP under their existing contract, what is the reason for this?

• For Group 2 customers that are out of contract/commitment, can they move to VoIP when re-contracting? If yes, does that apply to all Group 2 customers or is it limited? If no, what is the reason for this?

Hopefully answers to this will help make it clearer how CF FTTP VoIP works, and how migrations are handled, as it seems lots of people are worried/anxious about this and have questions.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

From my understanding, it is definitely the case that with City Fibre you can't subsequently add Digital Voice to an existing FTTP connection of theirs, only when a new installation is done.

One good thing I think about the new ones, they use the Wi-Fi Hub 2, not the Granstream, which simplifies the installation.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes