cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Moving router to another area/room.

AshleyK
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

I just moved house and I got my router installed in my bedroom today but I want to move the router and possibly the power adapter to another part of my home ie the living room, or another part of the room.

I did not know that the router plus all the sockets and wiring would be as bulky as they are. I was even just surprised when I saw it after the engineers left.
I want to fix my wardrobe to the wall and having the bulky plugs and the power line adapter would make that impossible. 
Can I just move it or would I need an engineer for this? 

AshleyKaranja
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi

You would need an engineer to move the sockets to a different location.  This would be at a charge of £128 and be done by Openreach however they usually have a lead time of 2 - 3 weeks for this type of job.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes