cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre 150 VOIP

Smifcouk
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

My Fibre 65 contract is up and i have (via email) been offered Fibre 150 VOIP (£29:95 per month for 24 months) ... I am assuming that this would be 'full fibre' and would require the fibre connection to be run to my premises (currently not connected although there is an old VM connection installed) ? ... There isn't the usual asterisk with the pricing so i am also assuming that it's a fixed price for the 24 months as opposed to just a 24 month contract term ?? ...  I am pretty sure that i could keep my current landline number (i don't really make many, if any, calls using the landline but i would like to retain the number) but is there an ongoing cost for the VOIP component or are the only charges likely to be the PAYG call charges ???

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi anjose46,

I'm really sorry to hear this. There was a VOIP outage for the last 3 days which should now be resolved. Is your voice/voip service now working at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

anjose46
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

I have spent 3 days and almost 6 hours on the TalkTalk chatline and also to their Technical Help phone number. The problem is with their Grandstream Digital Voice Adapter. It just doesn't work. All lights are showing and I've done at least 5 or 6 resets to no avail. They keep saying it's been logged but I have to have a landline as my wife has very bad health problems and both the Doctor and hospital have our landline number. I think the Grandstream box is unserviceable but how do I get a replacement? Any help is desperately needed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Many thanks @ferguson for clearing those little issues up

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

VoIP is included in your service if offered. If you don't make any calls, there are no additional charges. 

You would need to check the pricing for the duration of the contract, don't assume.

The VM installation is useless, you will need a new full fibre connection which will be arranged if you agree to the deal. 

0 Likes