cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

I am getting Full Fibre installed soon, however, my house makes it difficult and maybe impossible...

Jackamo6200
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi, I'm not sure where the best place to post this is but I will post in multiple places and hope for an answer. Please see attached floor plans to aid in your help.

I'm getting TalkTalk Full Fibre 150 (FTTP) installed on December 29th, 2023. My current telephone wire (which my current 'Fast Fibre 35' uses) runs from the telegraph pole outside and into the top vertex of the roof eve at the front of the house, through my attic and then down to the interior hallway master phone socket through a conduit, which my current router is connected to.

My question about FTTP, even after extensively researching and watching installation videos, is that I am worried about the ONT (Optical Network Termination) box which goes inside the house. There are no plug sockets in the attic for the ONT and the router is in the centre of the dormer bungalow, meaning that the ONT and Router won't be right next to each other, like in all of the installation videos and walk throughs.

Will my ONT and Router have to go in the front lounge room, right on the front-facing exterior wall, or can the ONT be installed in the same room (the lounge), with a cable running to the Router in the central hallway room somehow? I have read that installing the ONT in the attic and running the fiberoptic cable down the current conduit is not possible due to health and safety; however, there is a plug in the attic on the interior that could be used I think if possible.

I am also unsure of where the exterior junction box will go as the bungalow is on a one-two metre foundation and will depend on where the ONT will go...

I have had Fibre 35 for four years now and was offered an upgrade to Fibre 150 for a much cheaper price than a renewal of 'Fibre 35'. "4x the speed for £10 cheaper? Yeah!" I thought... but I didn't know about the difficult and confusing installation process before signing the contract as nowhere did it mention the ONT or exterior junction box or the requirement of two plug sockets etc.

Can anybody please advise? I have attached a rough and not-to-scale (although it still took me an hour) floor plan of the dormer bungalow to aid with your help.

I am unsure of the restrictions/limitations and what is allowed when installing FTTP.

Thank you so much!!

Exterior Plan.pngSecond Floor Plan.pngFirst Floor Plan.png
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Jackamo6200,

There's information in the following help article about Future Fibre installation - How Full Fibre is installed - TalkTalk Help & Support

You would really need to discuss the ONT location with the installation engineer, the engineer can discuss the option and best location

Chris

0 Likes