cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No service for at least 9 days

chrishtie
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Upgraded to Fill Fibre 65 a while ago and everything was going well until a couple of weeks ago. 

Went on holiday on 23 November with everything working  - returned 30 November and nothing working - no internet or home phone.

Have been on live chat every day since and still no service. Talktalk says issue is with City Fibre and engineer is supposed to have visited but hasn't. 

Every time I contact Tech Support I  have to go through the same rigmarole of checking lights, turning things off and on again and being told that they will definitely be able to help.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get through to someone to get this fixed as my  next step will be to notify press and Ofcom 

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Morning chrishtie,

I'm really pleased to hear that the engineers have managed to restore your service externally. I'm really sorry for the poor experience during the fault process and I will feed this back.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thanks for the info.

Have just checked my CCTV and found that two van loads of engineers arrived at about 2.30 and fixed the fault without having to enter the house.

Very pleased that it’s fixed but still fuming about how long it’s taken and the hoops we had to jump through.

For a communications company that’s the one thing that they’re rubbish at!

Message 3 of 21

Hopefully that engineer appointment has actually been cancelled now, @chrishtie.

If it's not needed and someone turns up, they'll try to charge you for it.

The automatic compensation scheme kicks in after allowing 2 working days since the fault was reported to sort it. It will be calculated after the fault is resolved, and may take 30 days thereafter to show.

It is @ more per day than you pay per day pro rata.

Check Ts&Cs (linked at the bottom of the page) for details of Talktalk's liability and the automatic compensation scheme is explained here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Just returned home and about to call Customer “Support” to do battle again but, miracle of miracles, everything appears to be working again.

So it would appear that the engineer visit that was supposed to be rescheduled from this afternoon to tomorrow morning wasn’t and the requirement for someone to be at home didn’t apply either.

So we’re back online 2 weeks after initial report and 18 days (at least) without service.

My next step will be to demand appropriate compensation which I will expect to be over and above the automatic compensation to cover the extra expenses incurred but more importantly the upset, inconvenience and downright lack of customer support.

Thank you, Michelle, for getting involved. I’m not sure if your intervention had anything to do with the restoration of service but it at least made me feel that someone was listening 

Unfortunately I can’t say the same about Kieran who appears not to have done what he said he would and then abandoned me.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hope you get a result as I've altered plans for tomorrow on the promise of a visit and won't be best pleased if it doesn't happen  - again

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

Hello,

I'm really sorry, I've just chased my colleague again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

I've heard nothing from anyone 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

Afternoon chrishtie,

My colleague advised that he would contact CityFibre for an update. Have they made contact with you since my last post please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Hi chrishtie,

I'll ask the team to confirm this.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Thanks Michelle 

Will you confirm that there is a City Fibre engineer booked for tomorrow (Friday)  morning as the advisor wasn't able to yesterday evening 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Hi chrishtie,

I'm really sorry, I will chase this now directly with the team.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Further to previous post.....

Contacted TT "support". Advisor (don't know name) stated he could see that I'd been speaking with a colleague, presumably Kieran,  and that engineer visit had been arranged for tomorrow,  Thursday, afternoon and that he,  Kieran, had said he would call back on 15th, none of which is true.

After heated exchange was agreed that engineer visit would be "rescheduled " to morning of Friday 15th which will be 14 days after initial report and at least 18 days since service went down. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Waited in til 11.30 and no engineer  - again

Have emailed CEOs of TalkTalk and City Fibre to complain about appalling customer service. 

Instant and personal reply from Greg Mesch at City Fibre promising to look into it. Much appreciated but doesn't restore service. 

No call from  Kieran tiday so I'm left in limbo.

How in God's name can I get someone to action this and RESTORE SERVICE 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

So 9.30 has come and gone and guess what  - still no sign of City Fibre despite being promised that they would be told it has to be scheduled as first job. 

Why am I not surprised 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Hi chrishtie,

I'm sorry to hear this and thanks for the update. Hopefully my colleague will be able to resolve this for you and we will check back in tomorrow to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

So - still no service.

Call received from Kieran to say that he's on the line to City Fibre and they have no explanation  as to why this job hasn't been done. He apologises 

Engineer slot booked for 8 til 1 to but I've explained that it will have to be first job of the day as we have to travel to a sick relative in the afternoon. 

Kieran says he will relay that to City Fibre  - I point out that it's  the least they can do considering how we've been messed about so far.

And so we wait another day

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

Hi chrishtie,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you're not contacted by 2pm today and I will re-escalate this straight away for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21
Call received from Kieran, Tech Support,  on Friday 8th to say that he was on the case and would monitor activity over the weekend and would call on Monday with update. Nothing happened by the time he called at 11.30 to report that there had been no movement on the ticket  by City Fibre - what a surprise. 
Said he would escalate and speak to someone today (Tuesday) and will call between 12 and 2 with further update. I'm not holding my breath as I expect the result to be exactly the same as before. 

Now at least 16 days without service - WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED 
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Good morning,

Our team have advised that they have made contact and will keep you updated on the fault. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 20 of 21

Good afternoon,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've escalated this straight over to our Faults Escalation Team now and will post back as soon as I receive an update. It's possible that the team may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes