cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre Installation Questions

AndyUK
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I'm considering moving to full fibre when my current contract expires in a couple of weeks.  I've seen the video about fibre installation and I am concerned that as the landline comes underground a trench will need to be dug to get the fibre to the house.  The sticking point being that the house is served by a shared driveway and all parties would need to agree to it being disturbed.

Is it not possible to use the existing underground duct that the current phone line uses or is digging a trench the only way to get the cable to the house?

If I went for one of the lower speed full fibre options would it be possible to upgrade to a faster one later or would that need a new cable and other hardware?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thanks again Chris, I'll see what's on offer.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Yes, it shouldn't be a problem

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Thanks Chris.  Would it be possible to cancel the order without hassle and retain my current TalkTalk broadband service if it turned out that the installation would involve digging a trench in the shared access driveway?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Andy,

It may be possible to use the existing duct but we wouldn't be able to say beforehand. You would have to place the order and the partner (Openreach, City Fibre, Freedom Fibre etc) would then decide how best to proceed

If you have a lower speed Future Fibre service installed you can upgrade to a faster speed without having any further work done on the line (you may be sent a different router though)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @AndyUK excellent idea, I'm sure they will pick this up during tomorrow.

Good luck, wish I could get full fibre here in deepest Norfolk😢

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Thanks. It would be helpful if I could know before taking out a contract how the installation would be done to avoid having to try to cancel if a trench had to be dug.  I'll see if I get a response from the TalkTalk staff here before going further.

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @AndyUK I've seen many examples where the existing ducting is used, indeed the existing structures are used wherever possible. Sods law says yours will not be the case but I'm sure you would have the opportunity to cancel before digging started. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes