cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Flashing lights router keeps reconnecting

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Good morning 

We switched over the Fibre 150 yesterday, CityFibre installed the system and supplied a Sagemcom 5464 2 router.

Installation was smooth and system connected straight away however the Internet light keeps going from solid white to flashing amber and back to solid white every couple of minutes, during this period connection seems to drop. I've reset system and router several times but no improvement.

Speed varies between 151mps - 161mps to 108mps - 156mps

Telephone line doe's not work I've plugged in two different handsets, there's no dial tone just a constant single tone.

Can anyone help please?

Pete

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi @Shareen3 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Shareen3
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 18

What do I do if it keeps flashing white to amber over again 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18
0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 18

OK thank you Chris.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

OK thanks Pete. I'll pass this to our Future Fibre team. I'll let you know when I receive an update or they may contact you directly 

Chris

0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 18

Yes, constant drop outs, current speed is 32.6mps DL 7.17UL and no telephone line via router.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

So you're still experiencing connection drops and fluctuating speeds?

0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 18

Hi Chris 

I'm afraid it's made no difference.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

OK, I'm going to make a change now, it should take effect within 10 minutes, please let me know if it makes any difference

Chris

0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 18

Yes it's flashing amber every 30 seconds now before returning to white after a few seconds. During that time my mobile signal loses WiFi and go's to 4g.

Since installation ONT box has retained 4 solid green lights at all times.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

OK thanks, has it been the same since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 18

Hi Chris 

Yes we have Internet speed currently 151 mps DL 163 mps UL however this went down to 47 DL 49 UP earlier it also seems to drop out completely when the light starts flashing amber.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi Pete,

So at the moment is there no Internet connection?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 18

Hi @PeteJH 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

PeteJH
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I do not have access to a laptop but have switched off the ONT for an hour, it made no difference lights still flashing no phone line.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 16 of 18

Hi Pete,

If you still need assistance can you please answer Keith's questions

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 18

What is happening to the lights on the CityFibre ONT when the router light goes to amber?

Have you tried connecting a wired device such as a laptop directly to the ONT in place of the router, does this work OK?

You could try turning the ONT off for at least 30 mins as well.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes