cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fibre 150

philph
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I had full fibre 150 (Eero) installed yesterday as an upgrade from full fibre 65.

My full fibre 65 was only installed about 12 months ago and a new fibre cable from the telegraph pole was also installed to the house as part of the package.

When the engineer installed the full fibre 150 yesterday he also installed another brand new cable to my house from the same telegraph pole so now I have 2 full fibre connections into the house which I feel was unnecessary as he could have just used the old cable feed into the house.

Both cables are exactly the same.

So basically my question is, did the engineer need to install another new cable to the house or could he simply have used the one that was already there?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Did the installers also fit new external and internal wall boxes? Are the external boxes both grey or is one brown? Are the internal wall boxes different colours also? One white and one black? You say you have two full fibre connections into the house. Is the Full Fibre 65 connected to the Openreach network or the CityFibre network? Is the Full Fibre 150 connected to the Openreach network or the CityFibre network or another network like Community Fibre or Freedom Fibre?

The questions I'm asking are to determine if your two Full Fibre network connections are from two different providers which is why the fibre optic cable is not shared although ducts and poles are shared.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes