cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full fibre is working however VOIP landline is not

lou63
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

After upgrading my package from fast broadband and phone calls (copper line) to Full Fibre 500 with VOIP, while retaining my existing phone number, while my fibre connection is working perfectly I have encountered a problem with the VOIP landline functionality. Specifically, I am unable to make outbound calls or receive incoming calls, despite the presence of a dialing tone. Upon attempting calls, both outbound and inbound, I am consistently met with a continuous beep-beep noise.

It is worth noting that upon receiving the TalkTalk equipment, I did not receive a Grandstream digital voice adaptor. Consequently, my son bought me one from eBay and diligently configured it as per the provided instructions on the TalkTalk website. However, despite our efforts, only two blue LED lights illuminate, signifying internet connectivity and power. Notably, during attempted calls, the blue LED indicator for the phone flashes intermittently and ceases upon call termination.

In our troubleshooting attempts, my son has executed a factory reset on the Digital Voice Adaptor and even attempted a direct connection to the ONT installed by Openreach. Also, I have even tried the digital voice app Regrettably, these efforts have not yielded a resolution.

Your expertise and guidance in rectifying this matter would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi lou63

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late response. Everything is working now as it should.

Kind regards

Message 3 of 10

OK, thanks for letting me know, please let us know how you get on with the new DVA

Chris

Message 4 of 10

Hi Chris,

I spoke to someone on online chat the other day and they are sending one out to me.

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for trying that, I think we should try one of our DVAs, would you like me to send one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Chris,

I followed your instructions, but unfortunately, I'm still experiencing the same problem. I remember that when Openreach installed the ONT recently, my old copper line was still functional. However, since upgrading the landline to VOIP around two weeks ago, the old line has ceased working altogether.

Do you have any insights into what might be causing this issue?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Thanks. Can you try the following plug the DVA (grandstream) into the ONT, wait for the broadband light to come on then perform a pinhole reset of the DVA, this should get the phone light back on within about 5 mins, once that comes on can you change setup back to normal. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

lou63
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

Hi Chris,

Yes, this is correct.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi lou63,

Just to confirm, are you using the DVA with an eero?

Chris

0 Likes