cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Full Fiber

Brnchy
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 37 of 37

Hi.. First time on her ....Had cityfiber instal full fiber on 1/3/24...since that day it has not worked... only power light and PON light on green.. no data light ...no other light on ONT box...Contacted TalkTalk on numerous occasions about the fault but they said cityfiber issue... cityfiber have now been 3 times and said no issue with cityfiber the issue is wit TalkTalk...I get no where with chat line they just want to keep sending cityfiber out... this is just getting silly...has anyone else had this? 

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

That's great news Brnchy, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Message 2 of 37

Well what do you know?

New ONT box fitted and all now working 😊

Thank you to the community chat for pushing this through. It took some time but we got there.

Thank you to the Tech engineer that Kept us in the picture and got city fiber to replace the ONT box.

Thank you 😁

Message 3 of 37

Hi Brnchy,

Sorry about this, thanks for the update

Chris

Message 4 of 37

Hi......Still waiting on Cityfiber to come and fit a new ONT box...Should have come yesterday but for some unknown reason cancelled ..

Talktalk engineer very helpfull and a bit mad at Cityfiber :/...The saga continues!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi Brnchy,

I'm really sorry that they didn't call at the time that you specified. Please let us know how you get on with the City Fibre engineer

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 37

Ok.. update after my earlier rant. 😕

Waited on phone for 45 mins then got through to tech support.

After nearly an hour of going through things again they are getting city fibre out again to check their side again.

When they put their report in and if it say talktalk issue they will escalate issue to get a talktalk engineer out.

Oh.. and they cancelled another router that was going to be sent out ...Phew!...  😕

So will let you know what the outcome of this all is.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Hi....

Right...iv just about had enough of this....i asked for a call back today...Friday.... after 16:30....they call me at 16:15 and i missed the call due to work.

I couldn't call back to them so they redirected me to the chat that I fist started with weeks ago....then after repeating myself over and over I was cut of.

Its trying my patience now. If you cant get some one to call me at the time i request and i cant get back to them if they call early what's the point?

I'm giving it until next week... if its not sorted by then they can come and rip it all out and i will go somewhere else.

Iv never known such incompetence and unprofessionalism in a company before.

NOT HAPPY!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 37

Hi.... Thank you for this.....Tomorrow is fine but cant take a call until after 16:30 if this is ok? Many thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Hello,

The team has advised that a callback has been arranged for tomorrow. Would you prefer a callback today instead? If you would then could you advise the best times to call you please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 37

Hello,

I'm really sorry, I'm chasing this now.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

Hi.. This is getting silly now... does anyone in the tech department of talktalk really know what they are doing? Iv heard nothing since last Friday and today I receive another new router??? Iv already sent one back ( That's 3 Now). So, I've reset the ONT box and installed new router and guess what? STILL NO SERVICE.....How many routers do they think I need? Id like to know what is being done to get my service operational. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've contacted our Faults Escalation Team now to find out what is happening and I will post back as soon as they come back to me.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37

OK...No call back.. So I raised a text on the number from last time. Told them that no call back so they looked at the records for my fault.

Got it totally wrong, Had to go through everything AGAIN!    Told to reset ONT and Router AGAIN!...Told to Factory reset router AGAIN!.

Was told if that didn't do it they would contact service engineers to check system AGAIN!.....To which they ended the text rather abruptly.

Didn't even get to reply if the router reset had worked or not. Don't even know if ill get a call back..... Getting really frustrated with this now. 😕

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

I'm sorry it's taking so long. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37

HI.

Ok .. So they rang me back yesterday evening and I was expecting them to get things working, but the lady on the line said they realised there was an issue something to do with authorisation so she would raise the issue as high and get some one to get on it ASAP. Ok so now they are going to call me back on Friday to see if the issue has been resolved. This just sounded like a phone call to say they don't know what's wrong and just asking me to keep waiting, probably until I lose my patience and cancel the whole thing. So I will let you know what and if anything is sorted on Friday .....Bit Disappointed. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi sorry they tried to phone me this morning but iv been at work. text told to text back and they will call back to try and resolve issue.

Just got home and text them so waiting on call back...Thank you 🙂

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Hi..... Last message from them was the last one i sent you.. Today is the 5th day although its been a bank holiday ...I have not heard anything.  Ont box still the same and router still the same no connection 😞    .  Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37

Hi Brnchy

Has our escalations team made contact with you since your last post?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 37

Hi...Received this text this evening..

this is the error message showing on our end 'Checking the RADIUS authentication session for matching VoIP credentials .....- Internal service error' I have started the process of getting this issue resolved we should have this fixed in the next 3-5 days and I will set a callback with you within that time frame to make sure all the services are working

Thank you for chasing this up..I'll let you know what happens 🙂

0 Likes