cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Gaming and conferencing. Missing in settings.

leenineplus
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 29

Hi all. The gaming and conferencing setting on the eero app seems to have disappeared. No option to turn it on anymore for my son with his Xbox. It used to be on there. Any advice please. 

Lee Kendall
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 29

HI @leenineplus 

I have been looking into this more, in addition to the missing SQM option on my eero 6, I also noticed that UPnP was missing as well. @ferguson still had both on his eero Pro 6, so I thought that eero must have removed these features from the eero 6.

I contacted eero support & that was not correct, they are still there, but there is a bug in the eero app affecting some or all Androids (like my phone) & they are working on a fix now. Hopefully, there will be a new version of the app in a while that will restore these two facilities for Android users.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 29

Hi @ferguson 

Perhaps you have the option with the eero Pro 6, it was in my app for my eero 6 until yesterday lunchtime. The eeroOS was up to date before that, however, the app could have been updated & after lunch the option was goneit was gone.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi Lee,

Ok no problem. If you would like us to raise this then please let us know.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 29

Hi Michelle. It's fine. Don't worry. All is good with the internet. I just thought that the option would have benefited the gaming side for my son but as it's so fast anyway, all appears good. I was just curious why the gaming and conferencing option had disappeared. 

Thanks for all your time. Regards Lee. 

Lee Kendall

Message 5 of 29

Thank you. Did we also send you this eero? I can then escalate this over to our Devices Team again.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi Michelle. Please see attached.

1000028901.png

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Hello,

Ok thanks. Are you able to provide a screenshot of what you can see when you try - settings, network settings, then SQM. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. If it contains personal information then send this to me via a Private Message please. Can I also just confirm that this eero was sent by us and not purchased separately by yourself?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

It does. 

1000028900.png

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi Lee,

Does your eero have the latest version of software/firmware?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Morning Michelle. I don't even have that on any part of the app. I've looked at every tab etc. Nothing. I think some features have been taken off. Mines on the updated app too. 

Regards Lee 

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Morning,

Does the SQM feature help at all?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hey, my own screen shows something different, as mentioned by Michelle earlier.

First this:

And then when I select SQM this:

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Thanks Keith for your time and help. Regards Lee 

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 29

@leenineplus 

I don't know if my app has just updated, it was there earlier today (I took a screenshot of it after lunch & it was there then), but as you say it is not there now. It was in the eero Labs section which was experimental, which has now gone. The other two options that were in there:-

• Local DNS Caching
  • WPA3

are now in the main network settings, i.e. they are no longer experimental. I can only assume that they have dropped this facility altogether now. 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Eero 6.   7.6.1-62. What you described there is no option. The gaming conferencing used to be there but disappeared. 

1000028876.png

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 29

What eero(s) do you have then & what firmware are they running? The Discover/eero Labs has been there for absolutely ages.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Hi Keith. I don't even have this option as you say. No discover/ eero labs etc

Discover > eero Labs > Optimise for conferencing and gaming

Regards Lee 

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

leenineplus
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 29

Hi Keith. I don't even have this option as you say. No discover/ eero labs etc

Discover > eero Labs > Optimise for conferencing and gaming

Regards Lee 

Lee Kendall
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 29

Hi @leenineplus 

I have reconnected & updated my eeros to V7.6.1-62. Optimise for conferencing and gaming is still there, it was formerly called SQM. This can be found by going to:-

Discover > eero Labs > Optimise for conferencing and gaming

How effective this is will be down to how the eero identifies such IP packets. QoS is normally used for this, but without more information from eero, it is impossible for me to guess.

Keith

Message 20 of 29

Hello again,

My colleague has checked this and advised that the same features are there, the name has just been changed to SQM.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes