cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Sagemcom Fast 5464-2 T4 Router..How to operate on both 2.4 GHz and 5Ghz frequencies?

geojo
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Recently upgraded to Full Fibre 150  and found that 2 exterior SoloCam 40 cameras,previously running on 2.4 GHz frequencies, will not work. They will only work on  older 2.4 GHz frequency!!

I was not aware of this particular frequency difficulty prior to my upgrade and am struggling to fix this problem.

I understand that the Sagemcom Fast6464-2 T4 Router can operate on both frequencies ( IE a dual frequency  router) at the same time,but I do not know how to adjust the router settings  so that I can bring these 2 devices back into operation,using the 2.4ghz settings, whilst retaining the remainder of my devices on the 5Ghz frequency.

Can anyone provide me with a step by step guide,or link to a guide ( preferably with pictures or video,) as to how I can go about this.

Any help would be appreciated ..though not particularly tech minded. I am happy to give things a go.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

I assume that you mean the 5464 & not 6464?

The router is dual-band, but they share the same SSID (WiFi network name). You need to temporarily split them into two different network names.

Log into the router & go into Manage Advanced Settings. In there click on the cog icon for the 5GHz band & give it a different name.

Now connect your 2.4GHz only devices to the 2.4GHz SSID & then rename the 5GHz band back to what it was originally.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes