cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Help Full Fibre migration Cancellation

argchichester
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I am more than happy (well relatively) with my current copper/fibre service.

I do NOT want to 'upgrade' and therefore lose my landline service - that is just rediculous.

I have had 5 text messages today asking me to confirm the engineer's appointment. I have replied to the messages and have been given a web link where I can re-arrange the installation. There is no option to opt out.

If Talktalk insist on sending an engineer to install something I have not asked for and do not want, I will just refuse entry into my property. It is as simple as that.

After all the down-time and horrible e-mail 'upgrades' over the past month I am losing patience with TalkTalk. I have been with them for more than 20 years (including Tiscali, Line One etc) but I am sorry to say that their service and customer support is becoming increasingly unsatisfactory.

So, TalkTalk - Don't bite the hands that feed you and please listen to your customers.

Tony in Chichester

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

HI argchichester

I'm sorry to hear this.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@RenAy  Hi Renay. Like your good self my current copper/fibre installation is more than adequate for my needs (and reasonably priced at the moment).

I am sorry you are so stressed by all this. Just remember that if you are unable to cancel the pending installation and an engineer turns up on your doorstep, just tell him politely that you have not requested the upgrade and that you do not want it. Then close the door.

If enough people do this, perhaps TalkTalk will allow users to opt-out of the upgrade via a simple text message or web link. We can but hope.

Tony

Message 3 of 12

Thanks Tony, @argchichester    I keep popping back to see if I have had a response even though I get the emails. Am just so anxious at the minute. 😞 It's a lot different to arranging for something you have looked into and want to order. For my personal internet use it's not worth getting. I look at the news sites and youtube occasionally, and Netflix when I rejoin. My fibre 65 suits me, I have 2 sons who are on the internet a lot and we have never had any bother doing what we need to do as a family when we are all online. It wouldn't be worth the expense to us which is why I have never looked into it,  and with the COL as it is we have to penny watch.  Rising bills are something that really worry me too. Renay. 

Message 4 of 12

@GBy123 

Sorry to hear you are having the same problem.

This full fibre 'upgrade' must be costing an absolute fortune. I can only guess that future subscriptions will go up considerably to pay for all this. Looks like a 'Free for now' but pay later deal for something many people do not want and have not asked for.

Also if people go ahead with the upgrade, is the equipment compatible with other Internet suppliers for those wishing to change in the future?

At least you have had some kind of confirmation that your installation is cancelled for the immediate future - for now at least.

Regards Tony

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

@RenAy 

Not rediculous at all I totally understand.

Forcing people to do something that they do not want to is completely wrong and an intrusion of privacy IMHO.

Stay strong and see if you get any kind of useful response here.

Tony

GBy123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

Here here - same with me (still tiscali).  Nearly going nuts trying to cancel the unrequested upgrade 'booked' later this moth.  I have had a reply from community that I will  not be pestered again, but not that the installation will not go ahead.  It really is a poor show.

Message 7 of 12

I know @argchichester , really hope it gets sorted for both of us. Whilst, I know eventually we all need to be on full fibre, I really don't want to lose my services as they are right now. I have a lot going on in family life and the stress of this is setting off my anxiety. Sounds ridiculous I know but will just be glad if I can get it sorted. Good luck to you too. 

Message 8 of 12

@RenAy  " if it ain't broke.. don't fix it " - Those exact words were framed on my office wall for 30+ years. Why oh why can't people just leave things alone? Good luck with your quest.

Tony

Message 9 of 12

@Gliwmaeden2  Thank you for that. Much appreciated.

RenAy
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi @argchichester , I am worried about losing my landline as well, although the advisor was keen to insist I wouldn't. However I have read so many comments from others saying they had lost their landlines or the full fibre wasn't working correctly. I am not a big fan of change and I am really happy with my service as is. I do agree though. This is starting to feel like the smart Meter roll out.  I came over from AOL, and have been with them ever since, 10 years or so I think and always been really happy with the service and the prices.  I have no interest in full fibre as our internet and call plan right now works perfectly and I always think,, if it ain't broke.. don't fix it. 

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 , I saw his reply so am just responding, if necessary this comment  can be deleted I don't want to confuse any  other replies. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

@argchichester, so that your own rejection of the upgrade to full Fibre can be confirmed, I've moved this to your own thread.

Posting on another customer's thread can confuse the issue and it is important to keep replies from staff in separate topics.

Staff will be back during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.