cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Home calling

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

If I have a Wi-Fi hub 2 router, can I use the home calling facility, and if so, does my telephone number remain the same and can I use my existing handset? I have a copper line at the moment and I don’t want to lose my number or the ability to make and receive calls. I have the unlimited calls boost, will that continue as usual? How reliable is this new service? Thank you.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Ah, sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting us know. 

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi Ferguson

Did a chat this morning with the Future Fibre team and it would appear that VOIP services are not available in my area. They said I would be notified when they are available. Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Take care

Livewire10

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 9

Thank you.

livewire10

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

No problem. Let us know how how you get on and feel free to come back if you have any further questions. 

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

Many thanks Ferguson, I’ll try chatting tomorrow. Goodnight.

Regards

Livewire10

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

Not naive at all. Contact the TalkTalk Future Fibre team and they should let you know. Use the chat button near the bottom of the page here during the opening hours shown:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FullFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi ferguson
Sorry to be so naive, but how do I know if digital voip services are available to me?

Livewire10

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

If by "home calling" you mean using the telephone as normal, then yes, subject to digital VOiP services being available to you. They are variable at the moment, but will become universal as the copper network is finally retired. 

0 Likes