cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

How hard can it be to upgrade to better fiber?

Edinbug
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

So I've just been on a chat with customer service for TWO HOURS trying to upgrade from 65 to 150 (it said on the radio), having a detour trying to find the offer online (it is not there) ending up discovering a fault that is not a fault(?), and then at the fourth(?) person, a detour round the 900 offer and some issues there, back to 150. As the person finally was sending me the terms and conditions (taking ages, did not send them) then the whole chat went "we're now closed Buhbye, start over tomorrow". What? What on earth is this nonsense? 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Edinbug,

Glad to hear it's now resolved but I'm really sorry that it took so long, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Will do. After another hour and 15 minutes and three people they have resolved it. I have downloaded the 16 pages of chat to my computer and asked person number seven to raise a complaint about the mind-numbingly hard process. I'm a computer literate person, how do others with less skills deal? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

There is no way that I'll be another two hours on the phone today, @Chris-TalkTalk . I just want it completed based on the work done yesterday. I asked for them to email me this morning in the chat, but that has not happened. So annoyed. 

Message 5 of 9

Hi Edinbug,

I can see that Gliwmaeden2 has pointed you in the right direction. Please let us know if you need any further assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Staff can't put an order in for you, @Edinbug.

You'd be better speaking to the Full Fibre team on 03451 720088.

Looking at the contact hours, though Chat Customer Services is generally open till 9pm, the Full Fibre team does close at 8pm - they do seem to literally cut off at that time, so you need a huge margin when you start unfortunately. 

Full details of availability are publicised on the link near the foot of this contact information page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

They disappeared at 8pm so I don't know how the 9pm comes into play. I just don't want to spend two hours tomorrow to do all that again. And I do see people being fished out here. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Just because an advert says on the radio that it's available doesn't necessarily mean it's available in every location, @Edinbug.

Just as copper can sometimes not simply be upgraded to FTTC, the higher FTTP is not always available. You need to use the postcode checker and then double check through Chat / phone support. 

They close live Chat at 9pm on weekdays. 

Take a look at this information page in case there's anything useful before trying again:

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/broadband/upgrade

Staff on the forum cannot set up a deal for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes