cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Install No router

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Getting my Full fibre installed today but the router hasn't come yet, will my existing service continue to work?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Thanks for this, it's ironic that TalkTalk use Yodel to send their new kit but returns are via Royal Mail 48 tracked.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi jbeee,

I've ordered the DVA, it should be with you within a couple of days

Thanks

Chris

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Morning,

No didn't receive a DVA.  Also I use powerline adapters to connect the TT TV to the internet.  

Thanks 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Did you also receive a Digital Voice Adapter? (DVA)

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

If you ordered a Full Fibre service with VoIP then you should also have had a DVA supplied which you connect to the eero and then to your phone. For additional ethernet connections you can get a multiport ethernet switch.

0 Likes

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 14

So the router is setup but my phone line is dead? Do a need an adapter to connect my phone to the eero? It's only got 2 ports so how do I also contact my powerline adapters for TT TV if the phoneline uses the second one?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Has the router arrived since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

I think "pants" is putting it mildly, what a let down.  😕

I doubt there is much the support team here can do to hasten the arrival of your new router and we are of course heading into a Bank Holiday weekend, they are unlikely to respond until Tuesday at the earliest. All I can suggest in the meantime is that you keep pestering customer services directly and maybe they can establish what is happening with the wretched Yodel delivery. 

0 Likes

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

So the install went smoothly but I have no router.... The existing broadband and phone have been automatically switched off so now no phone and WiFi.  Connected a computer to the modem via powerline adapters.  Not impressed.  Talktalk said Yodel tried to deliver it today but nothing in their track info and no card. Pants!

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Ah, that is a rather old model. I am not sure there to be honest.

0 Likes

jbeee
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

It a 633 super router I think. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Which router do you have? As long as it has a WAN port to connect to the fibre ONT then you should be OK. 

0 Likes