cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Looking for clarification on second Openreach appointment

BlueEyes4
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hello everyone

I'm hoping the TalkTalk support team can help chase this up for me. One of the main reasons for signing up has been this forum as things seem to get done rather quickly and good communication. I have added my account number to my profile (I think I have done it properly).

Here is my problem: I ordered Full Fibre in mid September and an appointment was made with Openreach for October 1st.

On October 1st, the engineer (MJ Quinn working with Openreach) arrived and all was well but they informed me that the telegraph pole for the overhead feed was marked with a D so they could not complete the full installation. All internal work including the ONT being fitted to the wall was done and external CSP box fitted to the outside of the property. When asked when they would be back, they said it might be later this week but could not tell me for sure. I am guessing a cherry picker or scaffolding etc is needed.

On October 2nd at 2 minutes past midnight (12:02 AM) I got an email from TalkTalk stating an appointment had been booked for October 1st in the same timeslot. I was hoping that maybe someone would show up on the 2nd but nothing so far.

I decided to sign up for My Account and when checking the order: "We've encountered a problem that could delay your services going live. We're working hard in the background to get your order back on track and will be in touch if we need to speak with you. If you need an update please chat to us."

Would any support be able to contact the relevant team/Openreach and get a specific date on when I can expect Openreach to finish the installation? I have been staying in since the 2nd just in case somebody phones but as you can imagine this is not ideal.

Thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @BlueEyes4 

Our order management team have provided the below update:

We are waiting for a suitably skilled engineer to complete the work . We apologise for the inconvenience and we are trying our best to complete this work as early as possible. Our Next review will follow on (08/10/2024). They need a Hoist to complete the job.

Message 2 of 5

Hi @BlueEyes4 

Thanks for your reply.

You shouldn't be charged as further work was needed by Openreach to complete the order.

As soon as I have more information from our order management team then I will let you know.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Morning Debbie

Thank you very much. I'm sorry to be hounding again but I thought I would mention it just in case. Whenever I log into the main dashboard I am greeted with this message that disappears after 1 or 2 seconds.

appointment messageappointment message

I can only assume it is referring to the appointment on October 1st which was attended. I just want to make sure I will not be charged for this.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Morning @BlueEyes4 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Let me speak to our order management team now and I will post back here as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes