cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

My full fibre upgrade just been cancelled as no Voip service!

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hello. Is there anyone that can offer a decent explanation please?

TT emailed 3 weeks ago...free full fibre upgrade...Yadda Yadda...booked appointment for 20th Oct am slot. All good. Called to triple check, as booking site was a bit flakey. Still all good. Asked for more info on the deal, and was informed Yes, you will be able to make/receive calls via VoIP, plus have a super fast, full fibre BB connection. All good in the hood.

Then this week, I start receiving calls...pre-checking appointment info, immediately followed by a SMS cancellation of the installation. Call back next day...no, still all good sir, booking still scheduled for 20th am. Sweet.

Then yesterday, another SMS... installation cancelled. Just called FF Team now, and told that it's been cancelled due to no Voip being available on my line. Beggars belief that the TT FF website is all about fast speeds, Voip, yet once you've booked your upgrade, taken the day off work, you then get cancelled because they've misrepresented the service they can actually install!!! 

Anyone on here suitably equipped to confirm whether FF Customer Service are right in saying no Voip possible? Or anyone on here suitably senior enough to take accountability for this shoddy level of service?

Over 'n out.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi taylord01

Sorry for the delay.

How are you getting on since your last post? Have you received a message in regards to the order?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Yes @Debbie-TalkTalk - that's what I did, with the response being 'wait for a text'!!  Maybe I'll with lottery sooner 😁

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi taylord01

Please can you contact the team by phone (number on the help page)  they should then be able to transfer you through to the correct team.

Apologies, I thought they could do this over Live Chat.

0 Likes

taylord01
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 17

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - Chat route takes me to My Account / Upgrade options...none of which appear to be the FF + Digital Voice. I could be wrong but nothing obvious.

So I've just called the Tel no stated on the Letter I copied to you earlier and they've told me just to wait to receive a text...with no SLA as to when that will be. So, in summary, brick walls!! 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi taylord01

No problem. Please can you use live chat here How to contact TalkTalk Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support

There is a chat now button half way down the page.

Let me know once you've placed the order again and we will monitor this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Thank you @Debbie-TalkTalk for getting to the bottom of this. Quite the shenanigans!!

I don't appear to have the FF 'booking' email / text any longer - could you point me to the appropriate URL to start a new order please?  Many thanks. 

Message 7 of 17

Hi taylord01

I'm so sorry, it appears that the order was rejected on the basis of multiple handsets, apologies that this was not explained at the time.

Would it be possible to replace the order and answer no to the above questions, if asked and applicable.

Once you have a new order number then we can keep checking on this for you. I'm really sorry again about this.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Debbie.

I received a call doing some pre-checks I guess. I explained that we have phone bases plugged into x2 phone sockets in the house, which use walk-about handsets. That was all...and certainly was not told that would be an issue. 

Again, hope that helps.

(If we need to plug one of those bases into the FF router, than that's not an issue for us)

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi taylord01

Yes thank you. Did you answer yes to any of the below questions on sign up?

Do any of the following apply to you or someone in your household?

I have medical equipment, a critical care device or personal safety alarm that relies on a landline connection.

I have a burglar alarm wired to my landline that I want to continue using. This does not include security systems like Ring doorbells that work through WiFi.

Due to mobility issues I need additional help to connect my landline to my broadband router in my home.

I have multiple phone sockets in different rooms that have corded phones plugged into them.

I rely on my landline to call the emergency services. I don't have access to a mobile phone or experience poor mobile coverage in my property.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk - thank you so much for picking this up and trying to make sense of things. 

I had booked the standard Full Fibre with Digital Voice install. (Assume that is what you refer to as FTTP DATA + FTTP VOIP ?).

Hope that helps.

Message 11 of 17

Hi taylord01

Just to confirm, did you answer yes to any of the below, this will be why FTTP VOIP was cancelled:

Do any of the following apply to you or someone in your household?

I have medical equipment, a critical care device or personal safety alarm that relies on a landline connection.

I have a burglar alarm wired to my landline that I want to continue using. This does not include security systems like Ring doorbells that work through WiFi.

Due to mobility issues I need additional help to connect my landline to my broadband router in my home.

I have multiple phone sockets in different rooms that have corded phones plugged into them.

I rely on my landline to call the emergency services. I don't have access to a mobile phone or experience poor mobile coverage in my property.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 17

Hi taylord01

Thanks for confirming your details.

I can see that the order was cancelled. I'm just checking with our Provisioning Team now. 

Do you only want a FTTP VOIP service and not FTTP data only?

Can I also check, do you have care alarms or alarm systems on the line?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Hi taylord01

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details.

Once I've confirmed security then I can look into this and post back on this thread.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 17

Whilst I do know about your actual installation, that is what is supposed to be the procedure with City Fibre. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate your installation woes for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

Hi @KeithFrench . Thanks for your message. I believe City Fibre is the underlying infrastructure that TT would be using to my property. Your statement suggests Voip is a service offered by City Fibre, so I'm really really confused by the cancelling of my upgrade. Anyone else able to offer insight please?

Thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Whose fibre network is going to be used? Openreach has supported VoIP for a while now & City Fibre now does so for new installs. Apparently, (not your case obviously) CF can't add VoIP to an existing fibre service.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes