cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

New Future Fibre65VOIP service but VOIP does not work

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 96 of 96

CityFibre installed and activated my new (Future) Fibre65VOIP service today but left without ensuring that the Digital Voice service was working.   On contacting TalkTalk Technical Support I was told that the Digital Voice service needed to be set up and that it could take a week for that to happen!  

So, at the moment, when my Gigaset DECT cordless phone is plugged into the Phone socket of the Wi-Fi Hub 2 router the phone line is dead.   The phone line is still working however when plugged into the Master Socket of the old copper line. 

The Internet appears to be working fine with 4 green lights on the CityFibre ONT and white light on the Wi-Fi Hub 2 Router, although on Day 1, upload speed is about twice as fast as download speed. 

Can something please be done to expedite the activation of the Digital Voice service?   Thanks. 

95 REPLIES 95

Message 81 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk  I can confirm that digital voice is still not working this morning. 

0 Likes

Message 82 of 96

OK, no problem, could you just confirm that digital voice still isn't working

Chris

0 Likes

Message 83 of 96

Hi @Chris-TalkTalk 

Apologies, I had to go out this afternoon (Tuesday).  Can we reconvene tomorrow (Wednesday) where I will be available from first thing in the morning and will be on the lookout for a message from you?   Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 84 of 96

OK, as you've not got back to me I'll change the settings back, just in case the change I made has caused a problem with your broadband connection 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 85 of 96

Hi ml2000,

How are you getting on, has the issue been resolved?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 86 of 96

OK, I've made the change, it can take up to 24 hours to take effect but it usually much sooner. Could you please retest in a few minutes and let me know if it's made any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 87 of 96

OK, I'm going to try making a change, could you please give it a few minutes and then retest and let me know if it's made any difference

Chris

0 Likes

Message 88 of 96

Yes @Chris-TalkTalk , that's correct.  

0 Likes

Message 89 of 96

Thanks for trying that. Just to confirm, your internet connection is working OK, it's just digital voice that isn't working?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 90 of 96

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk .   Have switched off ONT and router for 30 minutes and retested but digital voice line is still dead, so have just replugged phone  back into Copper Master socket. 

0 Likes

Message 91 of 96

OK thanks. Could you try switching the ONT and the router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 92 of 96

Yes correct, Digital Voice is still not working today.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 93 of 96

Hi ml2000,

Is the digital voice service still not working today?

Chris

0 Likes

ml2000
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 94 of 96

Well, the TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub 2 leaflet advises that Digital Voice should go live when the broadband service goes live and no-one from TT Support was able to give me a coherent reason for the delay.  So if an OCE can do something to speed things up, that is what I would ideally like to happen. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 95 of 96

Fast upload speed on City Fibre is quite normal, your download speed is capped because of the package you have chosen. Perhaps wait and see for the week or so suggested and leave your phone connected to the old socket in the meantime?

0 Likes