cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No Wireless Connection to any devices with Full Fibre

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 37 of 37

Hi

I have been having long term ongoing issues with my Full Fibre ( Cityfibre ) since it was installed at the end of last year.  Currently all of my home devices are not working and All state NO INTERNET CONNECTION / WIRELESS CONNECTION i have spent hours even days trying to get someone at TalkTalk to resolve this issue but with no success. Can somebody Please ! try and help me.

These are my devices not currently working

SAMSUNG 4K TV

HUMAX FVP - 5000T which i bought as TalkTalk Youview box stopped working.

XBOX ONE

CANON PRINTER

My mobile has recently had no internet and  states connected without internet

Apart from the Youview box most of these devices were ok up to around April. I have spent a lot of time reading posts on here and it seems firmware can be an issue. How do i go back to a previous version?.

i always have 4 green lights on Full Fibre box and Solid white light on router.

Current Firmware  SG4K100174.

Best regards,

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi Lottie04

That's great, thanks for confirming 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 37

Hi Debbie

It is thank you

Best regards,

Message 3 of 37

Hi Lottie04

Just checking in to see if your connection is still working ok?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 37

Hi Lottie04

Ok no problem 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 37

Hi Debbie

Its working fine so leave it as it is for now

Thanks

Message 6 of 37

Hi Lottie04

That's great news 🙂 Would you still like me to switch the WIFI optimisation off?

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 37

Just to let you all know that the new router fixed all my Wi-Fi issues.

Thanks to you all.

Message 8 of 37

Hi Lottie04

Thanks for your reply.

You should now be able to receive and send Private Messages.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 9 of 37

Hi Debbie

I have not tried, i was told it is off i expect they will contact me now when they read this post.

Thanks

Message 10 of 37

Hi Lottie04

It's no problem. Once the new router is connected then I will switch off the WIFI optimisation.

I have checked and Private Messages are showing as enabled. What happens when you try and send a Private Message?

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 37

Hi Debbie

Sorry i did see your message about optimisation but forgot when i was postiing about the Private messaging , away from computer at times and trying to do too many things at once.

Thanks 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 37

Hi @Lottie04 

Wi-Fi optimisation is a facility that TalkTalk can enable/disable for you on the router that is currently connected to the fibre. If they disable it now, it will only apply to your current router, not the replacement. Hence why @Debbie-TalkTalk said :-

"Please let us know once the new router is connected and we can then switch the WIFI optimisation off."

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 37

Hi

Can somebody disable my Wi-Fi optimisation please, and Enable my Private messages

Thankyou

0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Hi Lottie04

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know once the new router is connected and we can then switch the WIFI optimisation off.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 15 of 37

Hi Michelle

Yes could you please send me the appropriate Router for my Full Fibre and of course i will return one of them. 

Amongst the posts it was said that i need Private messaging enabled and for Wi-Fi Optimisation to be switched off, is this something you can help me with or will someone contact me.

Many thanks,

0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Morning,

Just to confirm, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 37

Hi @Lottie04 

I think for now I will go for a change of tack. With a red question mark against the Ethernet, let's get a replacement router. I will arrange that with TalkTalk for you & hopefully, they'll contact you tomorrow sometime.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, Full Fibre account number & if you can, please include the serial number from your ONT in the Private Notes section. Please try to include an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 37

Hi Keith

Quick answer No. This is what Router states.

Band 1 ( 2.4 GHz )            SPEED                     CONNECTED DEVICES

450mbps                                     0

Band 2 ( 5.0 GHz )       2200mbps                                    2     these are 2 mobile phones

WIRED CONNECTIONS   has a RED question mark

User PC

The Humax IS a wired connection with cable extenders ( latest type ) supplied by TalkTalk to work with Full Fibre router, strange it does not show?

I have noticed whilst getting above info that on the Dashboard page the My devices box fluctuates between 3 & 5 devices when i change pages and currently it states my Wi-Fi is disabled !! and i cannot switch it back on if i go to settings? Devices now listed as zero.

Funny though just checked my mobile and that is working? so is computer.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 37

Hi @Lottie04 

I have just looked up the Wi-Fi specifications of your HUMAX FVP - 5000T, which can only use the 2.4GHz band. Some Canon printers are the same. Do you currently have any devices that connect OK via this band? You can find this out by going to the 5464's main Advanced display which will show the devices connected wired (Ethernet), those connected to the 2.4 & those connected to the 5GHz bands.

Keith

0 Likes

Lottie04
Participant
Private Message
Message 20 of 37

Hi Keith

Correct, devices still unable to connect thank you for help so far.

Best regards,

0 Likes