cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

No Wan IP address after new full fibre installation

Carlab1
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

City fibre came and installed our fibre box last Thursday and unfortunately couldn’t complete due to no “light” at the pole. They returned Sunday morning unannounced whilst I was out to fix (answered on ring doorbell) the engineer said it was all outside work and that they would just get on with it. 30 mins later it was all completed on my return I had 4 green lights on the modem. Using the eero pro 6  and after downloading the app. My phone can connect to the eero when running through set upon the app, but fails during set up and says eero can’t connect to the internet. There is an exclamation mark next to WAN IP address. 

I’ve call support and been on live chat for hours with now real resolve. Just keep been told to wait and it will be up and running soon.

I’ve had no “super mail” to set up my account checked junk folders too. But nobody really seems to get to  a solution. Apart from wait.

after reading the threads on here waiting is obviously not  going to solve the problem so can we please get someone to get this sorted!

Called the support team and was passed around 4 departments and explained my problem to each department despite having a heads up on the situation. To be told we had to be activated and they would notify me with the updates 

still haven’t heard anything and I don’t know if I’m live or not 

So fed up ready for cancellation 

Carla

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

Glad the service is up and running for you.

If there are wifi dead spots around the house, you can have a look at our article :  Boosting your Wi-Fi performance - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

All up and running now thanks 

unfortunately signal doesn’t reach all over the house 😞

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

OK, thanks for trying, which lights are currently on, on the ONT?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

No still nothing 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Carlab1,

You would just connect a device such as a laptop directly to the ONT with an Ethernet cable, bypassing the eero

Chris

Message 6 of 8

Could you tell me how to do that please?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you able to connect to the internet if you remove the eero and try connecting directly at the ONT?

Thanks