cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Fibre500 Connection Status

cj_banks
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

My Fibre500 service appears to be working well.   Out of interest I ran the connection status check.  It reported something along the lines of ' it appears there may be a problem with your line'.  It advises me to run a line test which will disconnect my service for 5 minutes.

Can anyone advise whether the line test is appropriate for a full fibre installation or is it relevant only for copper connections?

Colin
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi

I would not worry about the tests via My Account, as long as your broadband is working for you without any issues.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

The line tests via My Connection have been giving somewhat wayward results, @cj_banks, whether for Full Fibre / FTTC/ phone lines etc so simply, for the sake of some certainty, wait for staff to respond during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes