cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

ONT box

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

The LAN light has gone out on my ONT box, chatted with TalkTalk and they said as long as my internet was working don’t worry. I haven’t yet need to use my local area network but presumably if I did need to it, it wouldn’t work. Any suggestions as to how to restore the LAN. Thanks. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 1 of 13

Thank you, will do.

livewire10

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

OK, if you do experience any further problems just let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

Hi Chris

thanks for your response, as you say, I have a working system, so I’ll just leave it at that.  
Regards

livewire10

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Livewire10,

It looks as though it's just a problem with the LAN led if everything is working OK. As ferguson has said, the router connects to the ONT via the LAN so if it wasn't working you would have no internet connection.  So I would agree with the chat agent, don't worry about it if you have a working internet connection 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Hi Ferguson

Not out as long as I expected, both ends secure, tried another cable, no change. Don’t know what the problem is but at least my internet works so presumably just carry on. Any more suggestions welcome. Thank you.

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 13

Thanks for that Ferguson, but I can’t say I understand it very well. I will try and find another cable and try it again. Probably won’t be until tomorrow now, am on  my way out. Once again, thank you.

livewire10

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 13

OK, the only way you are getting a wireless connection is because your router is successfully connecting via the ONT. You wouldn't generally use the LAN port on the ONT for other than connecting to the WAN port on your router, otherwise you would only be able to connect to a single device. As it stands you can add ethernet devices via the multiple LAN ports on the back of the router if you wish. 

So while the connection appears to be working, the lack of the light is puzzling. Perhaps a single contact on the ethernet cable from router to ONT has failed: have you checked that it is secure at both ends; or maybe try a different cable? 

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

here’s a photo of my box.My ONT boxMy ONT box

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

The box and router are providing me with the internet wirelessly, the only problem is I think, if I wanted to use the internet through an Ethernet connection then I couldn’t. In all fairness the system is working for me at the moment but  my concern is, if the LAN light has gone off, is the ONT faulty and might it give up completely, the LAN light has been on since April 2022, why should it go off now. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

OK, it must be a different one to mine. So how are you connecting to the internet? 

0 Likes

Livewire10
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Hi Ferguson

yes the box is white and the only 2 lights lit are power and PON

livewire10

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

There isn't a LAN light on the box? The only light that should normally not be on is the LOS light. This is assuming you have the white Openreach unit. 

0 Likes