cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Please turn off Wifi Optimisation

masonic0804
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Please could you turn off wifi optimisation on my line/router. I've been having trouble with a device disconnecting and it seems to be related to the router switching to a more congested channel.

Thanks!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi masonic0804

I'm so glad to hear that everything is now working ok, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

masonic0804
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

I'm just following up a couple of weeks later to confirm that turning off WiFi optimisation has had a huge impact on the stability and performance of my wifi networks. Prior to this change I was getting the dreaded "connected without internet" several times a day on my phone, and other devices would drop off the network at regular intervals. Since the change I have not had a single issue with any of my devices. 😁

Message 3 of 8

Hi masonic0804

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks, that's great. It certainly seems to have done the trick. WiFi has remained on the selected channels, and device connections have been stable since the change.

Message 5 of 8

Hi masonic0804

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked again and I've found your router and switched the WIFI optimisation off.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

Message 6 of 8

Hi Debbie, It's a Sagemcom FAST5364 according to the web interface.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi masonic0804

Sorry for the delay.

Just to confirm, are you using the Huawei WIFI hub?

0 Likes