cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Problems with grandstream staying off hook

jon1967
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi having endless problems with new eero 6 and full fibre /digital voice 

Latest issue appears to be the grandstream not hanging up properly. ( Ie all 3 lights permanently on even though no calls) . Calls incoming go to voicemail . Calls out dont work 

Has happened twice now . Power off clears it

Is this another known problem? Can somebody look at any logs please ?

Tia

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Jon1967,

Glad to hear that the phone line is working now. Sorry, not sure what you mean about your other post re eero?

Chris

Message 2 of 6

The phone line seems to be working now.

Tbh im not sure if the prob is your end now given previous issues and it taking you some while to work out there was a genuine problem your end across many users . For my ref do you not have diagnostics that work out if the digital voice not working /left off hook for hours etc yet? 

Per my other post re eero i am really interested in a hub 2 and the phone port built in to remove the possibility of grandstream hardware issues my end . Can somebody oblige ?

Thanks for prompt response . This is where talktalk really appear to be on the ball !

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi Jon,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing problems?

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Do you happen to use a BT8500 / 8600 'phone handset or one that was getting 'ghost calls' recorded? If so, have you had a TalkTalk 'fix' applied to stop the 'ghost calls'.

The reason I'm asking is that the Digital Voice system (VOIP) normally has a reset every 30 minutes to make sure that calls are correctly terminated or closed to stop the very issue you're reporting.

The TalkTalk 'fix' to stop 'ghost calls' being recorded on handsets that have a design flaw that makes them respond to the VOIP reset by recording a missed call is probably to omit the VOIP reset. It look like your Digital Voice service needs that reset. Or a replacement Grandstream Adaptor if that's not automatically closing calls as expected, even if getting the VOIP reset.

TalkTalk Support will ask the Networks team to have a look for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Staff will respond after the weekend, @jon1967.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes