cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

Recent eero full fibre 150

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Had my new eero6 for around two months now, all equipment connected fine and they still do with the exception of my iPad which worked fine for the first month and now even though it's showing wi-fi available in settings it still wont connect.

Now the thing is, I've tried it in my childrens houses (all 5 of them) and it connects and works fine straight away. I cannot imagine how many hours I've spent trying to resolve this problem, I've carried out all the surgestions on the eero app without success.

Any help would be apprecciated, thank you.

Barrowman
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

@Barrowman wrote:

@briantrumpet1  said "After disabling this WPA3 feature on the eero network, the iPad 2 connected immediately."

And thanks to you so did mine, so I'm now up and running again. 

Thanks also to @KeithFrench for his help.

Glad to have been of some help - not often I get direct hit on matters technical!

Message 2 of 14

Hi Barrowman

Thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 14

@briantrumpet1  said "After disabling this WPA3 feature on the eero network, the iPad 2 connected immediately."

And thanks to you so did mine, so I'm now up and running again. 

Thanks also to @KeithFrench for his help.

Barrowman

Message 4 of 14

Hi Barrowman

Apologies for the delays.

I can see that our Community members have been offering advice and support. Do you still need help with this?

Rachy_lou
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 14

I'm having the exact same problem but with a playstation and an indoor security camera.

Tonight I think I've figured out that it's to do with what network they need to run on. My camera says 2.4ghz but the eero gives 5ghz so it needs a separate network to run off. (I think! I've been trying to fix it for about a week now) 

Rachael
0 Likes

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 14

Hi @briantrumpet1 thanks for your reply, I'm going to have to try that tomorrow as I can barely keep

my eyes open now, it certainly sounds promising though. I'll update in the morning.

Barrowman

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

I've just tried that @KeithFrench and it made no differeance, I seem to remember doing that earlier in the week,

but always worth another try...Thanks

Barrowman

Message 8 of 14

Hah, don't take my word for it, just that I'm interested now, given my problems with the Eero, and found that solution on the Eero forum, in more than one post. I've not tried it myself, as I've not got an iPad!

@KeithFrench  is much more likely to know what he's talking about!!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Barrowman 

The advantage of the post from @briantrumpet1 is that he has an Eero, whereas I don't. I have to work on the theory side of these issues. If his suggestions do not work, I will escalate your thread so that the TalkTalk support staff will investigate it for you, hopefully tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

briantrumpet1
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Had a quick look, out of interest, and there might be an answer here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251608679

"I set up an eero mesh wifi network in June 2020 and it worked very well and all my Apple devices and other devices connected to it without a problem. Then, in July 2020, the iPad 2 would not connect. Tried all the online solutions for iPad wifi problems, including a DFU reset. I had also reset the eero network, but nothing worked. Finally solved when I dug a bit deeper into my eero network's advanced settings and under the "Discover" tab, and I found that I had turned on an "eero labs" experimental feature for WPA3 security. This feature is billed as "Provide added security for devices that support the WPA3 standard." Well, it also prevented the iPad 2 from connecting, as this feature apparently interferes with devices that do not support the WPA3 standard. After disabling this WPA3 feature on the eero network, the iPad 2 connected immediately."

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

Hi @Barrowman 

OK no worries, it is just that I have seen a few of them playing up if they are on that channel recently.

Is it still working in Legacy mode, if not, please can you enable it. To enable it, in the app, go to:-

1. Tap Settings on the bottom right of your screen

2. Now select Troubleshooting

3. Tap My device won't connect

4. Then choose My device can't detect Wi-Fi 6

5. Toggle Legacy Mode on

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Barrowman
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14

Hi, @KeithFrench  I've just had a look and I cannot see where it shows the channel number, sorry I'm a 79 year old and tech is not my subject. I have tried disabling the 5GHz band in favour of the 2.4 GHz band but it made no differance.

Barrowman
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Hi @Barrowman 

If you look in the Eero app, is this using WiFi channel 155 in the 5GHz band?

Keith